WMR and FS priorities

I know there are allready lots of threads on VR tweaking. But many usefull tips get burried in Nvidia driver threads. Thats why i made a new topic on some findings others may find usefull.

User /u/Ramasurinen suggested to take everything WMR and FS related off of the cores 0/1 using process lasso. I did not want to go that deep into the system. Also, windows is trying to juggle the core loads, it just isn’t very good at it.

Anyway, there is a free App called Prio. It’s basically just a Task Manager extension that lets you save priority stats. I left dwm.exe and both MixedRealityPortal.exe`s on high. Put the flight sim on above normal and everything else on below normal. In my case that is groove for music and ATC chatter.
Do not set anything to realtime.

What did not work for me is taking WMR and FS off of the cores 0/1. Maybe it is contradicting the high priority status, i dont know. However i took some things not directly FS or WMR related off of 0/1. With Prio you can do that with set affinity.

My stats: i9 boosted to 4.7. 2080ti, 32g ram. I fly with a 70/100 ratio. I could go 80/100 but that setting does not like fast head movement. Hags/game mode off. Everything medium except clouds on ultra and terrain on high. AO off. Live weather and everything online. And last but not least, the good old 457.30 driver.

Happy tweaking to you all

Personally, I don’t like to do this kind of tweaking, it may mess something up downstream one way or another. In my opinion, it’s best to leave that sort of thing alone, unless a tweak makes a very substantial difference in performance. But that’s just me. Maybe this kind of mentality is why I have only gotten 4 CTDs since launch.

Thanks for sharing what works for you. Don’t let my post dissuade you in any way - it is just my feeling on the matter.

Have to agree. I just fly and enjoy. Otherwise it becomes obsessive.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.