Working sun visor

For times like this:

The runway is straight ahead, can you spot it?

They just need to make the visors that are already in the plane useable.

9 Likes

I was looking for sunglasses, I was not able to find them, wich kinda disappointed me. In a sim where sunglasses would finally have a use, with all the reflections and well worked lights. Maybe this will be implemented?

8 Likes

good idea :+1:

1 Like

I agree. I never used the sun glasses in X-Plane but they could be handy in here. I did mention it very early on to MS but I guess they weren’t interested.

3 Likes

Sunlight can be quite hard above the clouds, and i think asobo found its great way of controlling brightness switch when looking down the panel or out of the window. Just absolutely great work, totally fascinated.
A logical sequence would be usable sunblends and sunglasses.
The sunglasses should lay on the panel shield, or in some stow area and by clicking on them, they get put on the eye. Same with the sunblends already implemented in most aircraft, all it needs it getting them to move over the front or side window.
thank you.

2 Likes

Both suggestions are obvious. They are called Aviator Glasses not just to look cool.

Let‘s vote for working sunvisors.
Why you ask?

I think this picture below explains why.
Sunset and sunrise approaches will be more enjoyable when having working visors.

Cheers
Mark

I do most of my flying in the Spitfire, P-38 and Corsair. These planes do not have a visor. We need sunglasses. Please vote for this request.
Actually the Corsair does have a visor panel but it barely makes any difference at all.

1 Like

The 152 mod has working sun visors as does the Just Flight Warrior and Arrow.

Still can’t believe this isn’t higher to the voting list.

2 Likes

Yes please! This is so simple. Even I could animate this. In fact, maybe I will, and then post it on flightsim.to!

That would be cool! It could be done like the multi-prop mod.

I’ve gotten Blender in interest in doing this for the G36 but it’s a daunting task for someone that’s never done anything like this.

Adding to the benefits.

• All the invisible air traffic in the daytime becomes quite visible through the visors
  • Cloud detail pops
  • You can see mountains better

More benefits than I thought!

The first time I used it in the TBM 930 Improvement Project I was shocked I could see all the air traffic ATC kept telling me about.

i vote for this, but i rather have a genius dev create a sunvisor / sunglasses that can can be put ANYWHERE , ANY PLANE to flightsim.to

Justflight Piper Arrow III Has working, movable sun visors.

1 Like