Working Title CJ4 Discussion Thread

The fix for his issue was the next post in the thread. Conflict with an older avionics mod that needed to be updated. Have you tried that?

Thanks for getting back to me - I was not aware that I have the PMS 50 gtn installed. Canā€™t remember installing that. Anyhoo, I updated it and Iā€™ve got the screens back - not really understanding what Iā€™m doing.

I updated from 12.12. Big changes! Going to take me a while to get used to that! Thought I had the cj4 almost mastered.

Time to start again.

Thanks!

1 Like

Still having issues with the cj4 after the latest WT update. I only have the WT mod installed. No liveries etc.

1. MFD appears not to function correctly. See pic below. The FMS text window looks like this and doesnā€™t update.

2. The DIR function appears not to work

3. Mem 1, 2 and 3 no longer seem to function

Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve discovered so far.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Looking the screenshot, thatā€™s not the mod, thatā€™s the stock avionics.

I have to fly this aircraft againā€¦ Always forget and miss thingā€™s such as the climb setting and climbing with the indicated airspeed and what not then fall in love with it when remembering those little thingsā€¦

Like many Asobo aircraftā€¦ just missing and in much need of a makeover regarding doors, opening cockpit windows, cabins and the like to give it that live feelingā€¦

Thanks Bishop but the mod is installed and the PMS 50 gtn has been updated.

I just canā€™t work out why stuff isnā€™t working. When I get time Iā€™ll start again from the stock cj4 and reinstall the mod. This sim is such a time eater!

And mine l@@ks like this. ?

Please update your PMS addons, old ones overwrite some core sim library files that conflict.

Yup - thatā€™s what mine looked like until I took Bishopā€™s advice and updated the PMS 50 gtn (I donā€™t know or understand what this is - didnā€™t even know it was in my community folder.

However, as above, I still dont have proper functionality and I reall am at a loss as to how to remedy it. Shame, I love the cj4.

If youā€™re using either the Garmin GTN 530/430 or 750 mods (both authored by PMS), thatā€™s why itā€™s in your Community folder.

Thank you so much guys!!! Updated the PMS 50 and It worked!
I love this little jet. Itā€™s easy to fly and gets in and out of some really small fields. Now I can fly it again.
Thanks for all of your help Bishop398 and Groovygravy3575!!!
michelle s.

Note that you can put a @ in front of their Username that will flag them that someone has responded to them.

Hi all,
I know this was previously fixed, but I am often (not always reproducible) unable to switch off the flight director after disengaging the autopilot. Using version .14 with sim update 10. When clicking the FD button, the FD one the primary flight display along with the flight mode annunciators will flash, but then remain on.

Does anyone have this problem as well?

Are you using any external peripherals to manipulate the Autopilot?

I get this when my Bravo AP selector is on VS. If I put it back to Alt I can then turn off the FD. Itā€™s been like that for awhile not just .14 (for me anyway).

Hey gang! Iā€™m starting to get familiar with the WT CJ4 and the one thing Iā€™m getting hung up on is the inability to paste a waypoint onto a discontinuity to complete a leg. When I attempt to paste a waypoint or delete the discont, I get an ā€œinvalid deleteā€ message. I was expecting the FMC to act like the 737 and CRJ and easily delete disconts. What am I missing? Thanks!

1 Like

In what phase of flight are you trying to delete a discontinuity ?

They are usually there on purpose. You can read up on it a little bit here :

I usually delete the VECT vector waypoint, which clears the discontinuity.

2 Likes

Pre start up. I typically donā€™t mess with it in flight.

The VECT waypoint and discontinuity are there for a reason - that reason being that no fixed procedure exists to connect these two parts of the flight plan and you should expect ATC vectors to take you through this gap. Check the charts, they will explicitly state this.

Deleting this discontinuity is simply incorrect and inaccurate.

2 Likes

As @Taschi4578 stated, this is intentional. When flying SIDā€™s / Stars / Approaches you will often see this and is a disconnect between the procedure and the regular course of your flight.

If you are looking at the charts, you will also see this.

Ex:

SID out of CYTZ

In this example, once you hit EMDOS you would fly a 150 heading until directed by ATC to turn to RIKEM.

Just deleting the discontinuity will connect EMDOS and RIKEM which in the sim is ā€œfineā€ but as mentioned, not real world.

If you fly online like on VATSIM and did this, once you hit EMDOS you would turn to RIKEM automatically (if AP was on) and the controller would ask you why you are turning without clearance.

So to sum it up, yes this is supposed to happen and is real world, yes you can delete it if you want and just fly the direct routes without ATC giving you vectors or clearing you direct, no, donā€™t do it on VATSIM, PilotEdge, Etcā€¦

1 Like