Working Title CJ4 Mod Version 0.3.0 Released

Oops! The DEFAULTS and the value in the PERF INIT page there are not quite connected yet but will be in the future. However, I changed that value to 190 and forgot to change the calculation number.

In our internal branch: Another preview of the PFD with most of the text adjusted. Readability is significantly improved but certainly not a finished product.

3 Likes

In our internal branch: Preview of the formatting and coloring of the LEGS page. Functionality to follow.

2 Likes

Also notice in the default aircraft the aoa displays a value up to 1.00. That value didnā€™t match what was showing up on the scale on the side, it doesnā€™t seem like that would be proper behavior for it but that has been carried over to this version.
Probably low priority but just wanted to mention it incase no one else noticed it.

Just tried a flight in this, amazing guys!
One thing I have noticed, on the ARR page I canā€™t seem to select an approach aswell as a STAR? When ever I select one the other disappears.

Thanks, the liveries are showing up again now.

Iā€™ve had issues getting the AP to follow the waypoints in NAV mode since the update. Unfortunately I wasnā€™t paying too much attention to what actually is going on but I will update when/if I notice what is going on. Sorry this is vague but maybe there are some other people out there that are having issues to report?

Appears that when reaching a waypoint the AP will automatically switch to ROL mode.

Disregard I just noticed this was a known bug.

1 Like

Correct - that was highlighted in the release notesā€¦ Its a bug somewhere, I think in the Asobo model.

Yea thank you, I started to read back through the release notes after I posted.

1 Like

Are the internal ā€˜branchesā€™ available for download as an Alpha?

Not all of our work is updated regularly to a specific branch. Normally, we will work on something, test it, commit the changes to a branch where it is reviewed by other team members, then merged into a testing branch. Then when we are ready to release a version, we will test more and merge that into the main branch, build the package (the single folder you drop into the community folder) and publish.

These leg pages look fantastic; Will you be able to add functionality to make VNAV work properly?

Iā€™m making some preliminary test with this airplane. Iā€™m using FMC to insert some NAV frequency (TUN page) Apparently VOR1/2 are working but inserting the frequency of a close localizer seem not working.
Should I try another Localizer or Iā€™m doing a wrong test? How you insert ILS frequency for your flight planning with this (modded)plane?

Iā€™m not sure I understood your question correctly.
Simply enter the ILS frequency at NAV 1 (TUN page). If you are on final approach, just press the ā€œNAVā€ switch button at the top left of the panel and then the ā€œLOC modeā€ should be activated in the MFD, over which your entered ILS frequency works.

it might be I have wrong expectation.
Iā€™m doing as you tell but Iā€™m just parked on apron or aligned on runway (so Iā€™m not really making the approach).
I tune the NAV1 with the localizator frequency (through MFC, TUN button and then insert)
I press the NAV on top left and go through FMS,VOR1,VOR2ā€¦ I donā€™t see anything.

Iā€™m not sure what you mean with ā€œLOC modeā€. Iā€™m used (with others system like G1000 or other simualtors) to the fact that you get the localizator detected even if you are landed.
How you basically check that you are in range with the localizator?
If Iā€™m doing the same thing with a C172 I see the loc frequency and code on the display, even if Iā€™m landed.

Hope Iā€™ve clarified what Iā€™m doing.

I did a full day of flying yesterday with this mod and it worked great for my purposes. Nice job and thanks again.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this mod. Enjoying it.

I have a problem with Wing/Eng and Eng light always beeing on.

Is there a way of empting a kind of cache for this mod ?

Hoping this mod is compatible with the new update

seems like in my case at least it reverted back to the default one.

With the release of the MSFS 1.9.3.0 patch today, you can expect most if not all mods to require updates to work correctly. The Working Title team advises you to remove all mods, including our CJ4 and G1000 mods, from your Community folder until such time as they are updated. As has been the case with past updates from Asobo, there were significant changes to the codebase. In fact, this update is the most invasive from a file structure standpoint, with many files moving locations and quite a number of name changes. About 17,000 files were changed. We are currently in the process of assessing these differences and will shortly begin incorporating them into our code. We will try to get updates out as quickly as possible.

3 Likes