Working Title CJ4 Patch 0.3.1 Released (1.9.3 Fix)

This sort of improvement would bring the CJ4 to a whole different level. From Navigraph’s MSFS press release:

For all addon developers, new and existing, we are offering APIs which can be integrated directly into the addon software. This API is already up and running and is being used in production, for instance in X-Plane Mobile, so - developers - get in contact with us on dev@navigraph.com if you would like to use it.

You were the first addon devs to ever mention such thing. Big fan before, even bigger fan now. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

anyone else noticing that Anti-ice buttons stay lit?

Any fix for this?

1 Like

Yep I have this issue too

1 Like

So I believe I found the culprit. It is actually not this patch that is causing it but the A32NX. Strange I know but I deleted every plugin/livery I had and only put the Working title and the A32NX in the folder. Got the deice issue. Once I removed the A32NX it is gone. Something on that plugin is causing the CJ4 to have this.

1 Like

Unfortunately, that will have to be brought up to the A32X team as it’s outside of our control. Multiple systems are shared across multiple aircraft and there is a file of theirs that is overwriting it as well for the CJ4.

Yea I don’t have the A320 mod and my de-ice buttons are not staying lit so that must be the culprit.

I had an issue that has occurred twice. Not sure it is the mod or just MSFS. When I capture the LOC sometimes my Primary Flight Display freezes. My speed no longer registers and the altitude and attitude no longer updates. I have to resort to the backup PFD to use these instruments. Plane is still flyable though.

Anyone else experience this.

I do not have that…just did a flight and checked more or less all buttons for anti-ice.

The update is great so far. One thing that needs to be adjusted if possible is the dome light in the passenger cabin. A light that’s not as bright or maybe one dome light effect back there (a different dome light if possible). As of now it looks like an early version of an FS9 aircraft. Hopefully there’s a way to make the effect look better. Great job so far!

Thanks for the update. Certainly an improvement to the default. Have lots of oscillations too. Thing the in game CoG calculations might be off. I added weight to my nose making my pilots alot heavier (yea i suddenly gained alot of weight lol ) and the oscillations stopped. Could be a fluke, but will have to test this out further.

On most of my recent flights in the CJ4 with Working Title 0.3.1 installed, the brightness of both the PFD and MFD randomly dims at some point during the flight. I haven’t noticed a cause or pattern yet. I can readjust the brightness using the brightness knob below the FMS, and I have never seen it dim a second time after a manual readjustment. Each time the sudden dimming has happened, it is accompanied by a “click” sound effect – as if a button in the cockpit was pressed, even though I was not adjusting anything or pressing buttons.

Also, I had a problem programming a flight plan with multiple waypoints in the FMS. I began a flight with no destination specified in the World Map so that I could do everything in the FMS. After starting from cold/dark, I programmed a flight plan from KMSN to KMDW by way of the RFD and JOT VORs. Finally, I selected the ILS 31C approach using the HILLS transition.

I took off, hand-flew the initial climb, then engaged the autopilot in NAV mode. The plane flew to the first waypoint (RFD), but after flying by RFD, the FMS showed the next waypoint being HILLS, rather than the JOT VOR as planned. I intervened and attempted to enter a DIRECT to JOT, but the FMS inserted another JOT waypoint before RFD and tried to backtrack, rather than deleting the previous points. After completely failing in my attempts to delete the extra waypoint (this could have been personal ignorance on my part), I finally managed to select DIRECT to HILLS and bypassed JOT.

I’ve never used an FMS like this before, so I could be missing something obvious. In case it’s a bug, though, I thought it was worth reporting.

1 Like

Hard to diagnose flight plan issues without seeing the whole picture. However, we are in the process of completely rewriting how the flight plan manager works because the default one had too many limitations so we are building it up correctly.

3 Likes

I noticed this as well on a couple different flights last night.

Hey thanks for the update, I also removed the A32X and now the lights are working as expected.

I don’t know it is related to the this Working Title patch, but it seems that it does not show the ADF and it is not possible to change the VOR2 course with both CRS1 and CRS2 knobs.

This is happening more frequently now. I lose my PFD whenever the aircraft gets close to the ILS beacon even when I haven’t yet hit APPR.

For the next couple days I will try the stock CJ4 to see if it happens again.

I think this issue stems from a DME readout issue. Sometimes the game returns DME as a string and could crash the display. We have fixed that in the upcoming release.

Cool. Looking forward to the next release.

Want to give everyone an update on our progress. Things have slowed a little bit due to real world work, sickness, and complexity of our upcoming tasks. We are aiming to push this next patch 0.4.0 on Friday and I think you will love it as it brings lots of quality of life changes such as:

-Ability to enter airways properly in the FPLN page

-Legs page changes including adding/deleting/modifying waypoints

-Thrust values have been changed so that thrust acts exponential with N1 (the game currently treats it as a linear relationship which is not correct)
-The thrust changes have changed several things: Taxiing on the ground should be easier since there is enough thrust at idle to keep momentum, the aircraft flies smoother on approach and the N1 values reflect real world performance (Approach N1 target is ~55%), the overall performance is more accurate to how a turbine engine works

-Fuel flows have been completely fixed. We have bypassed the Asobo method and are calculating it based on thrust output (necessary change to exponential from linear) and modified with a mach factor so the values will be correct or very close to real world.

-Gear drag has been added (basically non-existent before)

-Spoiler drag and negative pitch moment has been greatly reduced (You shouldn’t be losing airspeed in a 30 degree nose down dive with the brakes out)

-Flaps drag has been reduced

-And of course bug fixes (For example: PFD/MFD displays crashing due to DME readouts returning as a string instead of a number)

I also had the chance to visit the real CJ4 again between my work trips to get more data and record more audio. We have a complete collection of all the pax brief audio and we will be implementing that in the future. Few teasers:

Pax Brief: Turbulence

MFD Checklists (Still a WIP)

Legs Page:

13 Likes

I am so looking forward to 0.4.0! You guys are doing fantastic work and it is becoming much more the airplane it should have been.

1 Like