Working Title CJ4 v0.12.12 Released

I am excited to announce v0.12.0 of the Working Title CJ4. Release notes and links below. We also have pulled all the info and assets together into an easier to use website, so you’ll find the guides, simvar lists, install packages, liveries, info for painters and more all on the site: packages.workingtitle.aero.

Changelog and Download: Working Title - Packages

Guides: Working Title - Packages

You’ll find more if you poke around on the site…

Changes

VNAV CLIMB

VNAV Climb should now be working correctly - we know that we’ve warned many people in past versions to turn it off if it isn’t working, but at this point we believe it works as designed. As a refresher, in the CJ4, VNAV in climb is NOT A PATH. It simply provides protection for the pilot to not exceed an AT or AT OR BELOW constraint in the departure procedure. The protection exists ONLY for waypoints that are loaded into the FMC as part of a DEPARTURE PROCEDURE. If you add other waypoints beyond the DP, those constraints will not be respected as climb constraints.

AUTOPILOT/MODES

• Enabled APPR mode for ILS when tuned in PFD even when an approach is not loaded in the FMC.
  • Added custom vertical autopilot to manage altitude capture and hold modes. (note: the ALT button is now tied to H:WT_CJ4_AP_ALT_PRESSED and the emissive lvar is L:WT_CJ4_ALT_HOLD)
  • Added altitude capture for PTCH mode.
  • Added altitude capture for TO/GA modes.
  • Enabled ability to arm LNAV on the ground and set activation at 400’ AGL.
  • Fixed bug with not being able to turn off the Flight Director when FMA modes are annunciated - the FD button will now disable all modes when being turned off, as long as the AP is not on.
  • Fixed bug that prevented VNAV button press from being read when APPR mode was active - now it is only force disabled when GP/GS have been captured and those are the active vertical modes.

PFD

• Added PITCH REF value to the FMA when in PTCH mode.
  • PFD Baro preset bug fixed where improper units would sometimes display with the baro preset window open.
  • Fixed bugs with selected altitude < 0 or > 45,000; these values will not display AND the simvar values will not exceed those limits (you can’t get stuck below 0 anymore).
  • Removed inaccurate feature of resetting the FMA modes upon landing - they will now remain in the last selected modes until the FD is turned off.

MFD

• Improved map/terrain mask (thanks Slip!).
  • Improved ROSE/ARC display to better reflect the real aircraft.
  • Improved min wind vector/speed display.
  • Fixed bug where DES waypoint would appear even after it had been passed sometimes on the map.
  • Improved gps track bug on MFD/PFD and enable during ground ops.
  • Added ability for FMS Text VNAV window to display climb data even when no descent/arrival is picked, and also to show arrival/TOD data after climb constraints have passed.
  • Fixed the Range Banana (altitude intercept arc) on the PFD/MFD to only display the point where the SELECTED altitude will be intercepted, not the VNAV altitude.

FMC

• Added runway slope calculations to Takeoff and Landing Ref pages - you can now enter a slope and the relevant TOFL/LFL number will adjust accordingly.
  • Added landing factor distance selection on Approach Ref page - you can now select the landing factor.
  • Added ability to enter custom/new pax weight on PERF INIT page using format “/XXX” or “5/XXX” and the pax weight value is persistent.
  • Added ability to enter Gross Weight on PERF INIT page to override ZFW and/or Pax/Cargo inputs.
  • Fixed bug where the final approach fix calculation in LNAV sometimes chose the missed approach waypoint as the FAF.
  • Fixed bug that sometimes caused the departure runway to be undefined (black FMC screen) after flight plan import.
  • Adjusted DIRTO and Vertical Direct page and capabilities to fix bug not allowing a second vertical direct, not allowing a vertical direct to a current direct to waypoint.
  • Added ability to select any vertical waypoint with a constraint for a direct to; when constraints are A/B or A/ the altitude targeted will be the ABOVE value.
  • Fixed bug causing VREF/VAPP display error in FMC in certain circumstances.
  • Removed departure runway altitude from flight plan and LEGS page.

VNAV

• Fixed bug that would prevent a climb in cases where there is no SID, but a STAR exists and has constraints.
  • Adjusted VNAV FMS Text window to display descent data as soon as the last departure constraint is passed, instead of waiting until the departure procedure has been completely flown.
  • Fixed bug with missing some A/B or A/ constraints in the first descent segment in some rare cases.
  • Changed behavior of path smoothing to cause the first descent segment to always be at the requested VPA in the VNAV DESCENT setup page.
  • Fixed bug with VNAV calculations after a DIR TO.
  • Adjusted behavior after FPLN change is made that adjusts the PATH; if the new PATH causes an out-of-activation range problem, AP mode changes to PTCH.
  • Fixed bug where after PATH arms in an ABOVE PATH intercept situation, PATH won’t disarm even if you deviate from intercept parameters.
  • Extensive debugging and fixing of obscure/non-normal cases.

FLIGHT MODEL

• Adjusted idle thrust.
  • Adjusted 75% thrust error in thrust table.

MODEL

• Adjusted behavior of the panel light knob to replicate the function of the knob in the real aircraft - full on is DAY setting, and this is the ONLY setting to get daytime charts.
24 Likes

Wonderful.

WT keeps excelling.
Definition = be exceptionally good at or proficient in an activity or subject.

1 Like

Big THANK YOU to the team for all the work and giving us the best elaborated plane so far! I’m loving it!

Hmmm. I hope we can get a WorkingTitle installer/updater like FBW has some day, or have full integration into the base sim now that WT and Asobo have a closer business relationship. I would love to try out the WT CJ4, G1000, G3000 and G3x but I don’t have time to be updating things manually and keeping an eye out for compatibility concerns brought about by sim updates.

An installer/updater, integration in the base game, or a presence in the markeplace - would allow for more people to be able to enjoy this kind of content. In the meantime, I’ll be keeping an eye on the progress of these mods. Really impressive workmanship at play here.

2 Likes

Thanks again for the update. Fantastic work as always and the CJ just keeps getting better and better. An absolutely great feature set. And the performance of this aircraft - short takeoff/landing and high cruising speed - allows an unparalleled choice of destinations.

Thank You so much. Amazing Job as usual :wink:

I’ve just had a most enjoyable night flight from Heathrow to Charles de Gaulle in the new version and apart from one little thing, it went very well indeed.

The only issue, which was possibly finger-trouble on my part, was towards the end of the BIBA9V STAR into ILS 26R. The approach has you fly Vectors from PG536 to the next waypoint at CF26R, so I set HDG mode to continue until I was ready to turn in, to CF26R. I was planning to just switch back to NAV mode, having replaced the Vectors “waypoint” with CF26R, but this did not appear to work, with the aircraft staying in HDG mode.

It was no biggy, as I just moved the HDG knob to get the aircraft flying towards CF26R and then armed the APPR mode, which seemed to work pretty well.

Would it be replacing Vectors with CF26R that would have confused the AP?

Really enjoying this aircraft and the improvements keep getting better.

Wish I actually understood what they are mind…! Must read the manual.

I’ll catch up, one day. :sunglasses: :wink: :smiley:

Earlier versions flew ILS And RVAV approaches well. Many of the recent versions stop descending and I needed to come off autopilot to get to the runway. Even this latest version was following the path down until is presented a PATH with a line through it and stopped descending.

OutStanding!!!
Thank You for your Efforts!!!

V12.0 - CJ4 does not lock on the glide slope.

Also, I went back to V11.2 and it doesn’t now.

It has always worked before.

In my case, she started turning left as well after losing the glideslope. It was not a “real glide slope” like ILS, it was a STAR and VOR DME, APPR mode on AP, airport - Djibouti.
And is there a video tutorial on flying her in VNAV mode? I mean RNAV, SIDs and STARs. It is not clear for me - I took her off from Dubai RW 12L and on VNAV mode she stabilised on first altitude restriction and just was staying there. Is she to start climbing to next altitude restriction herself or shall I command her?

Check out the WT Discord

I did a few flights through the central valley of Cali, landing at four different airports…All my ILS or RNAV approaches seemed to work fine, with the plane tracking and following the glideslope perfectly…But while doing so, I think I’m noticing more oscillations (porposing) as it flies the glideslope. Maybe it was fighting wind but I don’t seem to remember the wind being much of a factor at the time.

Thanks again for the awesome work.! If I could make one suggestion though and understanding that you guys are very busy with the massively good work your doing. You guys need a real name for your group! Working Title has seemed like it’s been an after-thought and you guys are definitely not that lol. You need an awesome name for an awesome group of developers. Thanks again guys your efforts are most appreciated.

Again no locking on glideslope. VOR DME approach to RW 18 Sanaa airport

A VOR DME approach is not an ILS approach and therefore has no glideslope…

2 Likes

I think the name is fine - it’s in the tradition of film and theater production companies, like Andrew Lloyd Webber’s The Really Useful Company (which has now grown up to be The Really Useful Group).

Irony can be fun… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Oh, sorry, I did not explain properly. That was a VOR DME approach for ATC only. For me, it was, I believe, the RNAV approach - Magenta Deviation Indicators were there, GP was armed, however, when the vertical glide path was captured, GP did not become the active vertical mode, and the lateral mode was canceled. I believe, that if there are vertical and lateral Deviation Indicators moving, the APPR LNAV mode is working and at least armed (I pressed the APPR button as well when it did not activate itself) even if I selected a VOR approach in FMS. Am I wrong here? Before this update, I just was going in NAV mode and the plane was activating APPR itself, and GP was going active during any kind of approaches.
UPDATE: RNAV approaches are also not working - the plane does not fully follow the active GP - it starts, but at some moments, for example if the airspeed goes lower or faster than appr or ref speed it stops following the GP. I’ll check tonight at other airports and with older C4J WT version.

Anyone know how to switch the charts from night mode to day mode?