Working Title G1000 NXi Discussion Thread

So, I surely have missed a point, as I currently don’t see where to look for this existing icon or click spot …
Did you already mentioned it only appears in VR or when using another plugin other than the NXi alone ?

I don’t think you have the NXi installed, or you have a very old version, and haven’t upgraded. It should be here:

I don’t remember if that icon appears all the time or only when you are entering data, but its possible you have to use the lower right dial to first scroll down to the line below that with the outer dial, then use the inner dial to rotate once to so you are actually in the data entry mode.

From memory this part is no different between any of the G1000, but the keyboard entry method is. It sounds like you should perhaps spend some time familiarising yourself with the G1000.

1 Like

Thanks, though I think something is not working properly on my side, as I have the up to date revision installed (currently NXi 0.10.1)

I will try to remove temporarily all which is in the Community folder and check again

In that case its almost certainly that you aren’t seeing it as you aren’t in the data entry mode. Have a look at this:

1 Like

Thanks, just found it too at the moment and you’ve properly explained

[EDIT] currently restarting FS to check after Community folder cleaning

1 Like

Two points,

• It looks like I can’t use the keyboard entry for some unknown reason
  • My initial request was to find the way to load an existing already filled flightplan saved in related file system folder location, not sure yet if this could be accomplished then ? (local folder is “C:\Users\simu\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState”)

The SDK Packages checker show me the NXi is properly loaded

Additionally, GENERAL OPTIONS / ACCESSIBILITY / COCKPIT INTERACTION SYSTEM switched either to LEGACY or LOCK mode, doesn’t change anything

Small update, I found I get keyboard input in the Direct TO field, but not in the FPL page for Origin or any other field, so I can’t in any way set Origin and Destination if I’ve not filled at first a proper Flight Plan in World Map before loading the flight

Using this small keyboard icon, or performing a double click on field, as mentioned by @hobanagerik :

It sounds like there are a few things you are doing improperly.

• You cannot input your origin and destination by selecting the origin or destination header fields. You must use the empty lines below them in order to input those waypoints.
  • You need to have the waypoint input screen open in order to use keyboard focus mode. You cannot type directly into the FPL page. To open the waypoint input screen, turn the inner FMS knob while highlighted on a valid FPL page input line.

To enter keyboard focus mode, click either in the input area where the letters will go or on the keyboard icon to the right of it. The keyboard icon will light up cyan when you are in keyboard focus mode. To exit keyboard focus mode, click anywhere else on the screen.

This functionality is not presently implemented and is not planned.

-Matt | Working Title

5 Likes

That’s disappointing. Both the 530, and 750 mods can do this. Is this for X-Box cross compatibility reasons, so you don’t have to maintain two separate versions?

If so that’s another negative in the box for how the mutli-platform aspect of the sim is affecting the PC version.

No. JS instruments are not intended to read off of arbitrary areas on the hard disk, so what the mods are doing is a bit of a hack-around at the moment.

We believe the best path forward is to improve the core sim flight plan system such that it will support these types of use cases.

-Matt | Working Title

6 Likes

Thanks, I now get it perfectly, indeed I was wrong on the input field positioning (previously locating over field dedicated to display only purpose)

I’ve checked with Origin, Enroute and Destination fields, working flawlessly
Thanks for pointed this out ! My bad :slight_smile:

That’s encouraging to hear. Thanks Matt.

1 Like

I will also looking forward to new Asobo-MS implementation for this last part, which would be welcome !
Thanks again for your advice Matt

2 Likes

I think this will actually be a Working Title implementation, which is even better based on the quality of their work and commitment to improving the sim.

1 Like

I’ve only mentioned the last part of Matt’s words who said the Flight Plan import handling should rely on sim side implementation only, so Asobo-MS here. (it couldn’t be either due to Sandbox concern on file IO operations). I’ve not put into question the WT NXi implementation which is already part of the sim, due to WT-Asobo-MS sharing and collaboration and is a nice part of the sim already for a long time

…We believe the best path forward is to improve the core sim flight plan system such that it will support these types of use cases.

[EDIT] Precision added

We’re all one big team. There’s WT code in the sim already today. :slight_smile:

I can say with certainty the other arms of the MSFS sim team are just as dedicated as we are. But, this is an NXi feedback thread, so I don’t want to throw us all too off-topic.

-Matt | Working Title

8 Likes

My teachers always said there are no dumb questions, so here goes. Hopefully, I won’t look too much like a jamoke here.

As stated before, I’m new to IFR and still very much on the learning curve.

That said, I struggle to understand how to manipulate the flight plan.

1. If I accidentally activate the approach prematurely (like messing about with the G1000 while parked or while in flight) how to I deactivate it and return to my previous waypoint/objective in the flight plan?

2. Say I totally botch an approach or the ATC messes me up by not giving me altitude/speed constraints early enough or there is a stupid AI aircraft on the runway and I’m given the go around instruction, how do I “fix” that mess in the flight plan?

3. I noted an approach into KSBP (my local regional) has a Hold in the approach. When I reach the Hold waypoint, it automatically advances to the next waypoint, which is fine under normal landing circumstances, but what if I actually did need to hold? How would I activate the hold in the flight plan and then deactivate the hold and resume the approach as needed?

Thanks for the help.

You would go Direct to a waypoint in your FPL or Activate a Leg in your FPL.

The Hold is a HiLPT or a Hold in Lieu of Procedure Turn and it is going to sequence you on one pass

you can set a hold at any waypoint on your FPL just highlight the waypoint and use the Menu Key to bring up options where you will find the Hold to setup.

You can download the G1000 NXi manuals from the Garmin Site … I would recommend reading through it or using the search to jump to points of interest… Also Kip has lot’s of YouTube videos where he shows the operation and even update videos covering all the features they have been implementing with each update.

2 Likes

What is the best way to delete an approach procedure?

If you hit Menu when you’re reviewing your FPL, you can select Delete Approach (can’t recall the exact wording).