Working Title G1000 NXi Discussion Thread

Hello, just to let people know that it was trivial to get the Working Title G1000 NXi fit in the Asobo KingAir 350i !
One just need to edit the panel.cfg in the KingAir simobjects folder and make a few adjustements also to the panel.xml in the same folder to get the Engines Gauges suited for the aircraft.

Get rid of the old AS3X panel and replace it with the G1000 path, be sure to change with / height to get the proper ratio 1024x768 in popout mode.

\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_KingAir350\panel\PANEL.CFG

// Panel Configuration File
// Beechcraft King Air 350i

//[VCockpit01]
//size_mm=1280,800
//pixel_size=1280,800
//texture=$AS1000_PFD
//htmlgauge00=NavSystems/AS3X_Touch/AS3X_Touch.html?Index=1, 0,0,1280,800

//[VCockpit02]
//size_mm=1280,800
//pixel_size=1280,800
//texture=$AS1000_MFD
//htmlgauge00=NavSystems/AS3X_Touch/AS3X_Touch.html?Index=2, 0,0,1280,800

[VCockpit01]
size_mm=1024,768
pixel_size=1024,768
texture=$AS1000_PFD
htmlgauge00=NavSystems/AS1000/PFD/AS1000_PFD.html?Index=1, 0,0,1024,768

[VCockpit02]
size_mm=1024,768
pixel_size=1024,768
texture=$AS1000_MFD
htmlgauge00=NavSystems/AS1000/MFD/AS1000_MFD.html?Index=2, 0,0,1024,768

Done !
The panel.xml is a bit more verbose.

Even the speeds bugs and marks on the PFD are automatically updated, these might be retrieved directly from the aircrafts files outside the G1000 config.
The crew alert / warning messages in the G1000 PFD also correctly show based on informations in panel.xml gauge of the King Air, so nothing to modify here.

That is of course only to be used by those who use external hardware for controlling the G1000s units, but it does provide a fully functionnal King Air G1000 retrofit.

I will take a little time to upload the very simple mod to flightsim to if some people are interested.

Now the King Air need a bit of love from the developer because it seems way overpowered and takeoff and climb like a rocket, but this is another subject.

5 Likes

Not a bad idea to turn it into a Mod. KA fans would love it. It would be great to see this work with @JayDee6281 King Air mod. Not sure if any of his livery might conflict with your panel changes.

2 Likes

What do I have to change in this file?

Hello, I submited a flightsim.to mod, waiting for approval, you’ll find the mod here when it is indeed verifed by the site
Beechcraft King Air 350i - WT G1000 Nxi Mod retrofit for cockpit builders » Microsoft Flight Simulator

EDIT / Mod now accepted on flightsim to and ready to download

2 Likes

Thanks! Please feel free to start a separate thread for your Mod in this same forum (#third-party-addon-discussion:tools-utilities).

Hi all, an update is now available on the Marketplace, which includes a ton of fixes, various features, as well as some really nice performance optimizations:

Working Title Garmin G1000 NXi v0.11.0

Changes

Autopilot

• Roll mode now respects a minimum bank angle of 6 degrees and a maximum bank angle of 22 degrees.
    • If bank angle is below the minimum, roll mode will level the wings.
    • If bank angle is above the maximum, roll mode will reduce bank angle to the maximum.

Flight Planning

• Improved behavior around loading an approach while on a Direct-To (DTO) toward an existing runway fix:
    • If an arrival is not loaded and the loaded approach is assigned to the same runway, then the DTO is preserved (except now the runway leg is in the approach).
    • If an arrival is not loaded and the loaded approach is assigned to a different runway, then a DTO random is created to the old runway.
    • If an arrival is loaded, the runway leg in the arrival is not removed and the DTO is preserved. This happens regardless of whether the loaded approach is assigned to the same runway.
  • Improved calculation of flight paths for legs that involve intercepting a course, radial, or DME. The calculated flight path is now allowed to deviate from the prescribed intercept course or heading if doing so is required to achieve the intercept or to avoid an undesirable flight path (such as navigating around the world).
  • Improved turn anticipation between certain types of legs.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented loading airways if no origin or departure was loaded in the flight plan.
  • Fixed certain instances where TOD and BOD would be incorrectly calculated for the first altitude constraint in the flight plan or when there is an intervening VNAV-ineligible leg.
  • Fixed a bug where LNAV would sometimes sequence past an altitude leg while the plane was still below the prescribed altitude.
  • Fixed a regression in 0.10.x where removing a waypoint in an airway would also remove all subsequent waypoints in the airway.
  • Fixed multiple scenarios where adding or removing waypoints in airways would lead to a malformed flight plan.
  • Fixed a bug where LNAV would be unable to sequence normally, resulting in the plane flying in irregular circles.
  • Fixed a bug where the user was unable to activate a Direct-To to a waypoint not in the flight plan from the PFD if another Direct-To to a non-flight plan waypoint had previously been activated.
  • Fixed a bug where the NRST airport page load approach function would not work if the airport was already loaded into the PROC select page.
  • Fixed a bug where the flight path for a Direct-To with a user-defined course would be incorrectly calculated if the plane was too far from the Direct-To waypoint.

Map Display

• Changed the styling and positioning of map waypoint labels to better match the real unit.
  • Certain portions of Hold and Procedure Turn legs are now drawn with arrows and dashed lines as is done by the real unit.
  • When a Direct-To leg with a user-defined course is focused on the MFD FPL page, the map will now keep both the plane and the Direct-To waypoint in view instead of only the waypoint.
  • Fixed a bug where the 1 km metric map range was replaced with a 500 meter range.
  • Fixed a bug where the drawn flight path would sometimes not update immediately after deactivating OBS mode.

PFD

• Added yaw damper indications to PFD FMA.
  • The HSI will now display cross-track text when more than 2 dots off track.
  • The FMA now correctly displays the Direct-To icon while navigating a Direct-To with a user-defined course.
  • VOR ident, distance, and bearing information are no longer shown when not receiving a signal.
  • Map options under the ‘Map/HSI’ softkey menu are now disabled when the PFD map layout is set to ‘MAP OFF’.
  • Corrected coloration of CAS advisory-class messages from green to white.
  • Adjusted the background of V-speed displays.
  • Fixed misformatted text in the ADF/DME settings window.
  • Fixed several instances where failure boxes (red ‘X’) were positioned incorrectly.
  • Fixed a bug where the traffic status indicator would not display on the HSI map.

MFD

• The Navigation Data Bar ‘ETA’ field now displays the estimated time of arrival to the active waypoint instead of the estimated time enroute to the destination.
  • Turning the inner FMS knob counter-clockwise on the MFD FPL page no longer opens the Page Select menu when the cursor is active.
  • MFD FPL page now disables the cursor when it is closed.
  • The Bonanza MP gauge now displays values to the tenths place.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the MFD VNAV profile to show an invalid TOD for flight path angles near 0.
  • Fixed a bug where the range rings on the Traffic Map would not be visible until the user changed the map range.

Settings

• Added adjustable date- and time-related user settings in the System Setup page.
  • Bearing info boxes now respect user distance unit preference.
  • OAT display now respects user temperature unit preference.
  • WPT and NRST pages now respect all display units settings.
  • Added user-defined units support for all Minimums displays and inputs.

Miscellaneous

• Numerous performance optimizations.
  • Minimums values are now written to the DECISION HEIGHT and DECISION ALTITUDE MSL simvars. The set/increase/decrease decision height and decision altitude key events are also supported.
  • VFR transponder code is now set by world region: 1200 for North America and Australia, 7000 for everywhere else.
  • Changed the behavior of the Course field in the Direct-To menus to match the real unit. Scrolling the cursor over the field no longer causes the Direct-To to load with a user-defined course. Instead, turning the inner FMS knob while the Course field is highlighted will activate editing, and pressing ENTER will accept the edit and CLR will cancel the edit. Activating editing of the Course field (even if it is subsequently canceled with the CLR button) will cause the Direct-To to load with a user-defined course. To revert to a non-user-defined course, the Direct-To menu must be closed and re-opened.
  • The FPL menu cursor no longer disappears after certain flight plan modifications.
  • Fixed a bug where loading or activating an approach would overwrite the standby NAV frequency field even if the active field was already tuned to the approach frequency.
  • Experimental fix for occasional CTD when loading a flight.

Known Issues

• Deactivating AP NAV mode with GPS as the nav source will turn OBS mode off if the latter is active.

Heads Up!

• World Map imports from some third party flight planning tools may sometimes not load correctly into the NXi. When this occurs, no legs/waypoints are lost, however they may not show as legs within airways on the FPL view, and instead show as standard enroute legs.
  • GPS, LOC, and VOR modes now arm! Be aware that you will need to be on an intercept course and within capture distance of the desired flight path before those modes will become active. If you are not on an intercept course, you can, eg, enable HDG mode to bring you onto an intercept course and the armed mode will activate when ready.
  • The fuel quantity information on the MFD’s sytem page simulates an authentic totalizer. This means it does not actually track the fuel in your tanks, it simply counts how much has been burned and relies on you to tell it what the original quantity was. This means if you add or remove fuel in flight you’ll need to manually adjust the starting quantity in the tanks with the buttons on the GAL REM submenu.
  • The displayed METAR information on the MFD FPL page reflects real-world weather from the sim live weather METARs, so they may not always match in-game conditions, especially if using a weather preset or custom weather.
24 Likes

Thanks for the continuing excellent work!
Regards

2 Likes

And I thought it was already great, wow :smiley:

Thanks a million, getting better and better.
Any plans to have RA added?

Roland

1 Like

After updating the Garmin G1000 NXi to V 0.11.0 via the Content manager, the Altitude setting of any aircraft that uses the NXi does not work. Is there a way to go back to the previous version v.10.1

I also realized that changing QNH is not possible any more.

Also the reversionary mode fails to remove the engine page on PFD after deactivating rev. mode. When having the MFD popped out, it does not show rev. mode on the popout at all. I do not know if this came with the update. I just noticed the bug.

The only way would be for someone that has not upgraded to send you a link to a ZIP file containing the older version. You then just replace the folders, and it’s as if it didn’t happen.

I’m not sure how Asobo/WT feel about that.

or fix the Altitude problem. Is yours working?

I haven’t upgraded as yet.

We are not receiving any other reports of these two issues. Could you both try with a stock livery and an empty community folder, to rule out a mod conflict?

If you are referring to the Display Backup button capability added to planes in SU8, the NXi is not yet compatible with that.

1 Like

no issues as far as altitude settings are concerned but is it correct that RA cannot be displayed?

Yes, on-plane radar supported features (radar altimeter, weather radar) have not yet been implemented but are planned.

1 Like

Thank you so much WT for this amazing update.
I’ve tested with the C208 and B58 Baron.
No problems with setting the altitude or changing QNH so far.
I use the timer quite often and I have recognized that the timer on the PFD (above the UTC time) does not update (it always shows 0:00:00).
It works fine in the Tmr/Ref menu.

1 Like

I will try and let you know

Great news ! Updating now.
I made a new mod for cockpit builder wishing to fly the TBM930 with the WT G1000 NXi :
Daher TBM 930 - WT G1000 Nxi Mod retrofit for cockpit builders » Microsoft Flight Simulator