Working Title G1000 NXi Discussion Thread

:+1: :slight_smile:

1 Like

And so you should: you are Capt. MATto after all! :laughing:

Sorry, could not resist…

Alwyn

3 Likes

Hello. I’m observing something related to the Endurance calculation shown in the NXi’s and not sure if it is a bug. Here’s what I’m seeing…

I’m flying the Diamond DA62…see attached photo.

The red-boxed items on the “System Page” in the attachment appear to be incorrect. Fuel Flow is showing 5.0 GPH, which is the flow for a single engine in my example. So I believe it is calculating the red-boxed endurance estimate incorrectly.

The endurance on the Aux items (END) appears to be correct (calculated using the total fuel flow of both engines).

Is this a bug, or am I misunderstanding?

Best regards.

1 Like

Feel free to check it over

Eric Flight N610EF Livery: Asobo_SR22_EricFlight_N610EF.zip - Google Drive

Got it to work. Changed the Panel.cfg to only this:

[VARIATION]
override_base_container = 0

[VPainting01]
size_mm = 1024,256
texture = RegistrationNumber
location = exterior
painting00=Registration/Registration.html?font_color=black, 0, 0, 0, 0

Thanks!
Eric

Also…don’t know if this affected it…do NOT run the Google Earth mod when downloading the Nxi

1 Like

Good point, have good flights :+1:

Dear @Bishop398 ,

I’m very happy with this mod made by your team and I’m looking forward to where this is going to.

I have a small question which I hope you can answer.
Since a week I’m using this NXI G1000 along with the Kodiak from SWS and from the moment I switch on the battery, the taws test begins.
After this test, a voice will tell that the test went OK.
But I ain’t hearing any voice, though the white annunciation “taws test” distinguish from the pfd.
Am I missing something here?

Also I don’t hear any chimes when reaching a desired set altitude?

Looking forward to hear from you Matt!
Keep up the great work as it is much much appreciated.

Happy X-mass to you and your team!!

Cheers Mark

2 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that, for me, if I start the flight on the end of the runway with engines running, I get the audio TAWS test OK. If I start from cold & dark on the ramp, no audio confirmation.

3 Likes

I noticed that also, but it is not particularly important to me. What I would like to hear is a a call at minimums. but I don’t know if that even happens in a real G1000.

2 Likes

I saw in the latest CitationMax video that the new software update on the G3000 series added call outs at 50,40,30,20,10.

Not sure if this has been added to the nxi in a software update as well.

That is probably a slight overkill in something like a Cessna 172, but at least a minimums call out would be nice in a poor visibility approach.

Hahahaah can you imagine, flying a cessna or other GA and having those callouts, 50, 40, 30…… on short final.

Epic😂

Yes the Real G1000 NXi does have a Minimums callout… it’s “Minimums, Minimums”…

Edit – I had left the word Real out when replying to confirm that yes the real unit will have a callout.

I do know what a minimums call out sounds like thanks :rofl: but I have never heard it from the G1000 or G1000NXi, otherwise I would not have made the comment in the first place, and I can confirm that my hearing is still fine despite my age.

I am not sure but to get the minimums call out you need to set it in the approach you choose for your landing. There is a 90% chance I am wrong so approach with caution and please let me know if I am right.

1 Like

I always set the minimums for the approach.

Maybe it depend on which aircraft is being used whether or not minimums are announced. I am mostly using a C172.

Perhaps the C208 annunciates minimums? Unlike the C172 and other light GA aircraft, the real Caravan is typically equipped with an actual radar altimeter.

Sorry I was not Clear … I was referencing your comment about a real G1000 … and yes the Real one has a Call out…

1 Like

Sorry, could you repeat that please. I didn’t hear you.

:slight_smile: Seriously though thanks for the info :slight_smile:

For what it is worth. Using the Simworks Kodiak & G1000 NXI v 10.1, I’m getting CTD’s when I use the Nearest function, especially Nearest VOR page. Occurrence is about 60% of the time I use the Nearest feature. Not sure about other aircraft yet.