Working Title G1000 NXi Discussion Thread

Altitude (with or without Logitech Multi Panel) and buttons of the Panel (HDG, NAV, IAS, ALT, VS, APR, REV).
I tried with spad.next too, but no way.
Regards.

Everything but altitude set works for me. I also use SPAD.

Lucky you!
Regards.

You must be doing something wrong if it isn’t working for you. Remember that it has this new arming procedure where it won’t go into NAV mode if you are too far from the magenta line. It will be “Amed” but not active. Things like that can make you think it isn’t working.

Comments like this are really just morale destroyers for developers. The reality here is that we could be doing all this development on our own, and nobody would get to use this, for many more months. But we don’t feel that’s the right approach, nor do we think that’s what the community wants. The community has asked for a long time to be involved in the development process.

However, given the recent tone of the thread, I just need to repeat: this is not a production ready system, this is an early access product. Your stuff will absolutely sometimes be broken by specific releases. This is the very reason why using this is opt-in, and it isn’t the default instrument yet. Please, please keep that in mind as we go through this journey together. If that prospect is not for you, then I would strongly, strongly recommend sticking with the default G1000 for now.

Bushtrip plans are not intended to be auto-loaded into the nav system in MSFS. They do not with default avionics, and we were still accidentally loading those previously. This has been corrected.

-Matt | Working Title

18 Likes

OK I never knew that you can go back to the default G1000. Do you just unistall it from Content manager?

Thanks a lot. I was also put off by the uncalled comment from TemperedPaper48 and tried to respond in a non obstrusive fashion so the whole thread would not further derail in its tone.

Please ignore single voices or even chose not to read through here but continue the great work. I guess the (silent) majority really appreciate your tremendous efforts and the way you communicate.

4 Likes

Yes. Just uninstall for now. (Overlap in communication). Let’s all keep it civil and appreciate the WT work please.

1 Like

That is correct, yep, you can just uninstall it from Content Manager.

-Matt | Working Title

1. Asobo default G1000
  2. G1000 WT mod (Working Title web page or Discord)
  3. WT G1000 Nxi (MSFS Content Manager)

Just select whatever fits your requirement.

2 Likes

About the NXi.

I do not know if it is 100% or even 50% accurate to the real thing, BUT, it has made flying this game FUN again. I am having a ball (for the first time since SU5) flying. VNAV works great; being able to use the keyboard to input airport codes is a game changer; the way it follows the approaches is fantastic.

For me, the NXi has been just what I needed to get my mojo back.

Thanks WT and especially the guys who come on here and answer our questions.

6 Likes

NAV doesn’t turn on.

I will try to reinstall and test again.

Watch the PFD. When you press NAV, GPS should appear in white, not green. It indicates it is armed. It will turn green when active, and only when you are within the new constraints.

I thought the same thing, and wondered why the NAV light on the Logitech panel didn’t come on. It comes in when active, but not armed. I want to look at what indicates it is armed so I can have the NAV light flash when it’s in that state, and solid when active.

Heads Up!

• GPS, LOC, and VOR modes now ARM! Be aware that you will need to be on an intercept course and within capture distance of the desired flight path before those modes will become active.
  • The GPS flight plan sequencing will enter SUSP under the following conditions: when reaching a manual termination leg (holds, manual sequence) and when reaching the final leg of the plan. This is actually correct behavior. To exit out of SUSP (for example, if you got to the end of a plan and then loaded more waypoints), hit the SUSP softkey in the middle of the PFD.
  • Changing the CDI source drops the autopilot into ROL mode. This is the correct behavior, intended to keep the airplane held in the same attitude until the pilot reselects appropriate guidance.
  • When exiting a hold, do not delete the HOLD as it will cause flight plan issues. Press the SUSP key to continue with the flight plan sequence or go direct to another fix.
5 Likes

I do appreciate that WT shares the development of the NXi project with the public. In addition to the speed of development; the level at which the small dev team engages with, communicates and supports the community is exemplary.
I only wish the other first party partner did similar. Perhaps they learned from past experience and decided to insulate themselves from the soul crushing commentary.

3 Likes

To be honest, I’ve started to get more and more comfortable with the NXI, and more and more confident in the workings and abilities of this awesome new system.
I have the same level of confidence in it than I had with the x-plane G1000. I can now jump in, either with a pre-loaded FP via the World Map, or lately within the NXi itself.
With keyboard use, setting up the SID, Enroute, STAR & Approach is a dream.
I can now use FLC and ALT to step climb complex SIDs, and VNAV for complex STAR descents to FAF, and arming/activating various modes work flawlessly, to GS or GP and to the runway.
With the new CDI auto switching and, correct me if I’m wrong… AUTO ILS TUNING? Are you kidding me @Bishop398 :joy::+1:t2: never noticed that before!

All done from the unit itself, in cockpit.
And the guys estimate to be only about 60% of the way there!

Once editable alt constraints become a thing I’ll be even more delighted.

BUT… that’s me. It’s working a dream with my x-touch and AAO scripts. I get that I’m lucky in that it’s awesome for me.
But it’s still Early Access, for those of us who what the latest hotness, bugs, warts ‘n all. I’ve had a few occasions to remove, but I try the next update anyway. And it JUST. KEEPS. GETTING. BETTER.

WT rocks. This is as much fun now as the CJ4 avionics.

3 Likes

Hi Matt,

I would like to know if the NXi will have more keyboard / mouse interaction in the future? Like for example zooming with the mouse wheel instead of using the Garmin keypad directly.

Thank you

3 Likes

Yes! This please. I know it isn’t ‘realistic’, but would make the experience much nicer if you could just hover over the map and change the range with the mouse wheel and pan by holding left mouse button and dragging.

2 Likes

The biggest time spend for me in MSFS are the Bush trips, as I can learn about place and things. In bush trips I always fly with the Auto Pilot on as I can enjoy the scenery around. So what do you mean that they are not intended to be auto loaded?

Oh wow, that’s the default profile? That’s a very strange choice: that keybind turns VS mode on, and I assume it will spam that key, which might be what is confusing our AP. What happens if you unbind that? Does VS mode start to behave more sanely?

-Matt | Working Title