Working Title Garmin G3000 Discussion Thread

Hopefully having CI/CD in place would help with updating seamlessly and more frequently.

So will there be a new version of Working Title [currently 7.8] or will all future Garmin 3000 updates come directly from Asobo, marketplace?
I ask because I thought Working Title was given control by Asobo of all Garmin software development.

I couldn’t tell you. You can ask them on their Discord server. Or maybe they’ll pop their heads in here.

My guess (and this is only a guess – I don’t have visibility into what they do) is that they will do things the same as they did with their G1000 Nxi, with a Marketplace version until it’s production-ready, and then assimilate it into the default aircraft, with the Marketplace version remaining there for third-party aircraft.

Thanks, sounds logical…btw I didn’t see anything in the video link you previously posted clarifying this.

The G3000 update coming is in conjunction with a complete update of the Cessna Longitude (which uses a G3000 variant called the G5000) and an improved TBM 930. This is called Aircraft and Avionics Update No. 1.

The G3000 has been rewritten from the ground up using JavaScript. This is not a point upgrade. This is 100 percent brand new. The people hours committed to that, the NXi, the recently released 430/530 and the yet to come ProLine 21 FMS in the CJ4 preclude doing anything to legacy mods other than Quality of Life fixes.

Soon™

4 Likes

I have intalled the G3000 mod by Working Title for the TBM 930, but although it says that you can adjust screen brightness even at the maximum setting the display is too dark.

I had to turn mine all most all the way down because it was to bright. Are you using v0.7.8?

…preclude doing anything to legacy mods other than Quality of Life fixes…

Makes sense.

1 Like

Yes I am using the latest version 0.7.8 Look at the display I can hatdrly see the POI.

Hello guys :wink:

hope you both understand that you both have different TV/Monitor display settings. Also devs need have set Monitor/TV do default display settings becaus eif they don’t have, then is problem at our ends also. S ame with sim sound volume, I have standard sound settings in my TV but I need set quite so much more volume to be ok with sim :smiley:

That’s really not the responsibility of Working Title - they’re focused on the avionics. If you have concerns regarding sim default brightness or sound settings, please open a Zendesk Ticket. Thanks.

Yeah, but… When?®

(sorry, had to. Not actually asking…)

What is the relationship between Zendesk and Asobo, what do each do?

1 Like

I recently purchased the TDS Garmin 750 great unit would love to use it with the Working title Avionics since the flight plan features are closer to the real thing but for some reason is not happening I just want
the 750 to link with the HSI when in FMS mode and for the Autopilot to track it, I have the settings in the Garmin to connect to Autopilot NAV and the GPS to HSI Auto slew yet is not happening just want to know if something needs changed in the G3000 Config ?

Why not just wait for the overhaul? I have the TDS GTNXi also and something to note is the AIRAC data is old. You either have to purchase a years worth of database updates from Garmin or wait for Garmin to update the trainer to a newer AIRAC (which would probably not be up to date).

Valid point but I have absolutely no Idea when the overhaul will be out, and how good will it be, hopefully very good, for the time being I rather fly with an expired database and stick to airports I have flown in real life for a long time where I know procedures have not changed in the last ten years than use the current version of the FMS which have many deficiencies that to someone that is familiar with the real thing are very obvious. I commend the hard work and what the team has come up with so far which is much better that what Asobo has given us and look forward to any updates and improvements.

1 Like

Disclaimer: I have a Navigraph Data subscription.

FWIW the reason I stopped using the otherwise good RealityXP radios (GNS530/GNS430) was due to the fact that you need(ed) a subscription, or access to the data, to keep it up to date. Years of inquiries simply went answered as “read the forum” or “search for the answer” to circumvent the otherwise obvious shortcoming for those without legitimate subscriptions. I don’t know if much has changed.

The main reason I stopped using FS 2020 after a few weeks after release was because the GPS systems were a joke. I rely on them.

Working Title has done a great job with the NXi, and because of that I can wait for the 3000 to be fixed.

Last, flight simulator instrumentation is still in the dark ages… if we want to swap out a DG for an HSI in ANY aircraft, we should be able to… and let developers focus on great instrumentation add-ons.

Maybe completely configurable panels like we find across real-world aviation is the last great unexplored frontier.

Hello,

you probably forget that devs of aircraft then need update their models to new system what I see especially with Carenado impossible. Then only sim def aircraft can work ok. Also set of some new avionics system to sim default is real mess. I like all what WTT do. If their system is bugy due still in development, I uninstall it and fly with default f.ex. or alternative. Worse then if it is sim def and I can’t return back, only as example.

Many of us are doing exactly this already using Air Manager for our instrument panels. It’s totally the users choice what instruments and avionics they fly behind.

I would try it out if I were using strictly 2D panels… I’m not, though.

Also, I’m not sure Sim Innovations allows third parties to create content.