Working title GNS 430/530 Flightplan

It looks like after sim update 14, working title gns 430/530 is perhaps broken. I was trying to do flight earlier from Walney in north west UK to Prestwick and I was unable to enter the flight plan in GPS unit. I do not use msfs default flight planner as such as I prefer to enter the flight plan manually into GPS as per as how it works in real.

Anyone else encountering similar issues?

I just loaded C&D into a GNS 430W equipped aircraft (Caribou) and had zero issues programming a flight plan from KPRB to KSBA.

Are you having trouble with a specific aircraft? If I have the same one, I can try it for you.

EDIT:

I just tried the same thing in the EMB-110 using the GNS 530W and had no issues with it either.

I was able to enter a flight plan but it didn’t follow it correctly. It completely missed the initial arrival waypoint for the STAR and I got yelled at by ATC. Not sure if it’s because of the unit or me doing something wrong. The waypoint was there in the flight plan so I’m sure I didn’t miss it.

1 Like

Thank you for your post! Your topic has been moved to a sub-category of the User Support Hub

The General Discussion category is meant for discussions that fall outside of our other sub-categories.

If you would like other users to help you with an issue you are experiencing in the sim, consider these User Support Hub categories for your future post:

Aircraft & Systems
ATC, Traffic & NAVAIDs
Crashes (CTDs)
Hardware & Peripherals
Install, Performance & Graphics
Scenery & Airports
User Interface & Activities
Virtual Reality (VR)
Weather & Live Weather
Miscellaneous

What aircraft were you flying?

I had issues of a similar sort, in he recent past, with the DC-6 and arrivals. I believe the latest update fixed that for the DC-6.

Thanks for your reply - I was flying A2A Commanche. I am basically recreating a route that most ferry pilots fly in small pistons from Europe to America with slight modifications on my side.

Last night I loaded at Walney (EGNL) in northwest of England and my destination was Prestwick (EGPK) south of Glasgow. The routing I chose was direct to DCS VOR then Direct TRN VOR to join the ILS 12 from there.

My problem was I click on flight plan then imputed my first waypoint as my departure aerodrome. That was fine. When I try to input the second waypoint underneath it didn’t work as such nothing appeared at the bottom. I could not even delete the first waypoint as such. Eventually I gave up on GPS and went back to old school VOR navigation.

Sorry see above

I flew the new SWS PC-12. I should add that I’ve had problems with this particular waypoint in the Vision Jets G3000 too as I couldn’t go direct to it when instructed to by ATC. It was in the system but for some reason those two Garmin units couldn’t recognize it fully.

Okay I flew another flight earlier today in same aircraft however different routing and did not encounter this issue again.

Weird don’t know what happened earlier.

1 Like