Working Title, you guys rock!

In case other developers such as Alabeo, or A2A Simulations, or other third party developers aren’t noticing, check out the below picture’s statistics for downloads of Working Title’s mods:

The fact that there are nearly three-hundred thousand downloads makes me think more developers need to get involved in the making of third party content for this here game/simulator!!

18 Likes

There are a lot; WT is just one of the most talented and coordinated groups I’ve seen

6 Likes

I have to agree. WT has made the TBM so much more than it was. I love this team.

5 Likes

Great work on the WT CJ4. Impressive.

5 Likes

Their CJ4 made me forget my PMDG planes.
The fact That they partnered with Microsoft will help the sim a lot.

14 Likes

I will second that. That was good news for both MS as well as WT.

4 Likes

Who could argue TBH

3 Likes

What does “commits” mean in those stats?

1 Like

What’s a “normal” number for downloads? You need to know that before you can state that other developers are not doing as well.

1 Like

299 downloads a day for the G3000? Are you kidding me? Given that A2A’s community is 30,000 people large, I’m not saying other developers are doing poorly, I’m simply saying that they are missing out on good business. I want big name contributors (selfishly) to start to focus on MSFS 2020 b/c their stuff is good too… I’m not saying anything is bad, I’m simply trying to demonstrate the stake share the other developers are missing; oh, did I say that Working Title is amazing btw? The charts/Navigraph integration is something I have not seen modeled as well as they have done in any other simulator. That’s all. I think it’s good to give credit where credit is due, otherwise, why would they continue?

5 Likes

So do you know how many sales Just Flight has earned for their pa28r arrow 111?

If you compare two things and then draw conclusions, you must have the numbers for more than WT.

1 Like

I don’t work for JustFlight, but I’m sure they’re happy they’ve contributed… even if I did know, that would be proprietary… I’m interpolating from the transparency of WorkingTitle (who isn’t charging, yet, btw), nor do I think Carenado is sorry it has contributed. You must see where I’m coming from don’t you?

2 Likes

I should be a sales rep haha

1 Like

I’m trying to understand. Are you hoping companies see your post and then make a decision to develop for msfs2020?

2 Likes

CERTAINLY!!! Bingo

1 Like

Yes in many ways they beat ASOBO at their own game . And for free at that. Working Title has made this sim flyable and much more enjoyable for me.

11 Likes

The only reason I’m glad perhaps Carenado hasn’t released their B200 for MSFS2020, or A2A their Cessna 172 or AccuFeel, or Alabeo their Cessna 207, etc, is that I’d have no money haha

3 Likes

Commits are github speak for changes. You commit to a branch when you want to push (send) your changes to github from your local machine

2 Likes

Oh, ok…I’ve been simming for a long time, and during fs2002 and fs2004, I was a developer myself. The idea of a major project being initiated because a forum post claimed it would be lucrative is a bit naive. These folks know each other, for the most part, as in any business. They’ve been competing for many years. ALL dev’s set their sights on what’s new, as it’s a fresh market. The development for previous sims becomes backburnered when a new version is released. After all, its probable they’ll at least duplicate previous version sales, as the previous version products are sim version dependent.

So nobody in that business is doubting the value of developing for fs 2020.

1 Like

which is good

2 Likes