Working Title Garmin G3000 Discussion Thread

The G3000 mod is now officially part of the WorkingTitle group!

Latest version is always available at:

https://www.workingtitle.aero/packages/g3000/

or

Github Release g3000-v0.7.7 · Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages · GitHub

Read the documentation here: fspackages/docs/workingtitle-g3000 at main · Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages · GitHub

Please report any issues you find on the Github page: Issues · Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages · GitHub

When reporting issues, we appreciate any and all details you can provide, including the exact nature of the issue, how often it occurs, and how to reproduce it.

You can also find us on our Discord at Working Title Simulations

Mod Edit: Removed older version release notes reference. Link will be updated to point to latest versions.

72 Likes

Thank you! :v:

1 Like

Does it work with this mod?
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/improved-tbm-930-touchscreen-controls/278409

Would be amazing to have both

3 Likes

I was going to ask that same question… thanks! :v:

does this work for king air?

The KingAir is suffering from an identity crisis when it comes to avionics. It actually has a Collins Pro Line Fusion system, and not Garmin. Oddly enough, they left the Garmin “splash” screen when powering up the avionics. But the menus and touch displays are attempting to simulate the Collins system.

5 Likes

im trying to figure out how to turn synthetic mode back on because the g1000 turned it off

Really? Collins units? That’s super cool! Now I’ll have to take a flight in the Big Beechcraft just to check it out! :smile:

203/5000

It would be a very sympathetic solution for me if the range of the map could be adjusted on the display, because it is difficult to reach the control button so that I can see the map in the meantime. (Like in the G5000. + -) I think this could be a problem for others right now.

1 Like

Hello! Making you aware of this project in case there’s any collaboration you guys can do.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/tbm-930-problems/259006

1 Like

It does not, unfortunately. It looks like the one you linked is focused on UI only, so theoretically the two could be made to be compatible. The issue is that I would need the author’s help creating art and layouts for the new menus/functionality.

No. It won’t break it either, though. The King Air uses the G3X, which has its own codebase. What’s funny is the real-life King Air doesn’t have a Garmin system at all.

If the G1000 mod is breaking something with the G3000 it’s likely because the G1000 mod is modifying base files that the G1000 and 3000 share. There’s nothing I can do about that. Technically a G1000-focused mod should not have to modify those base files at all; I would contact the authors of the other mod and see if they can refactor their code to improve compatibility.

I don’t think you can do this on the real G3000. As far as I’m aware the MFD does not have functioning softkeys.

It looks like that mod is focused on aircraft performance and not avionics. I had a quick look at the files and it should be fully compatible with the -std version of my mod out of the box. If you want to use the -tbm version of my mod, just install both mods, then go into the tbm930-project mod folder and delete TBM930_interior.xml.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this ! Especially the improvements to the navigational map are really welcome.
Are you planning to keep improving the G3000 ?

nice. thank you for your hard work.

Thank you so much for sharing this work, it is phenomenal

1 Like

Absolutely. I’ve already committed more changes since the 0.1.0 release. See the readme for a short list of planned future updates.

3 Likes

Hi @aznricepuff!
Thanks for your hard work, a G3000 improvement are much needed.
Please, try contacting @kaosfere4829 or any of the guys from Working-Title G1000 to integrate your mod the theirs, so we don’t have overlaping files.
Also I see you made some changes to the Touchscreen Units, and there’s another guy making some improvements there, it’s @ElectrikKar. It would be nice to make only one package, or make them work together.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ve already made contact with the Working Title group about integration. We’ll see how things go, but hopefully we can merge the two codebases quickly and cleanly.

10 Likes

Great, thanks for your work and alignment with WorkingTitle :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thanks for the great effort. Is it possible to add HPA setting for BARO ? Also SYN VIS OFF option would be fine for some of the users.

Been testing this in the TBM for several hours, seems to work fine. No CTDs but on several occasions some freezes for several seconds when interacting with MFD. Not sure if it’s this mod though.

The additions are awesome, in particular being able to dim the brightness on those screens. Flying the TBM was always enjoyable but it’s even better with your mod. Thanks so much for your effort! :100:

Oh, I’m also using the Working title G1000 mod - no sign of conflict. A merge if possible would be sweet :ice_cream: