World map - Airport History

Anyone know how to force the History to a new value - or reset them.

Both Arrival & Departure airport History got changed (to same) on SU5 update, and will not change, no matter how many times i select the same Non-History airport .

Maybe there is a Way / Place to manually edit this ??

Would also like to increase the number … to say 6 !!

2 Likes

Here to ask the same. Seems it is bugged … again

Yeah I reported it already. Weird thing is, it’s showing stuff that is at least a couple of months old

Same here.
I still see 3 same airports visited before SU5.

Any figured out where MSFS stores the Airport History ?
Maybe it’s possible to manually edit them ??

Anyone submitted a ZenDesk ticket for this ?

I see the same 3 airports I visited before SU5 too.

In the BIG PICTURE, its not such a big deal, but it is possibly a symptom of something else also being wrong (That’s the way these things often work – or don’t work).

What is strange, in my case, is that the 3 airports that are now in History, are airports I have never selected, since I had MSFS, and now the Departure History is exactly the same as the Arrival History !!

Go Figure !!

While it would be nice for it to be fixed, it is NOT a game Breaker, unlike issues like CTD EVERY TIME a USB Joystick is plugged in …

There are lots of similar threads on this issue.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/search?q=airport%20history

Seems like it has been going on for a while. I just noticed it recently, but that doesn’t mean it’s just started for me. In my case I have different entries in the departure and arrival drop down boxes, but some of them are from really really old flights.

1 Like

Same for me…after su5 i have the 3 airports I have flown before su5

2 Likes

Still looking for the location that the history is saved so I can manually edit it. Any clues?

1 Like

Yes, it seems to be stored in a file, one with a all number long filename.

Its a Binary type files, so not easy to read (if at all), but you can see the favourite airport ICAO codes in it.

I suspect it is the file that is interchanged with the server, containing all your Flight Logs, etc etc

Something seems to be broken with it (at least mine) as these Favorites to not update anymore.

Its way down on my concern list, and I suspect it’s way down on MS’s list as well

Thank you. What folder is it in? I might give a go at deciphering it. I am slightly less busy than Asobo/MS so I might be able to find some time.

Hopefully it will be fixed in SIM UPDATE 6 … (Its not a game breaker, just a minor annoyance)

There is a bug report on this if you want to contribute and up vote. Topics in General Discussion that are “bugs” generally do not get pushed up. The below topic in Bugs & Issues was pushed up to the developers:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/airport-history-not-updating-on-world-map/373761

Thanks – Interesting to see this started to happen as far back as Early March of 2021 … at the same time some were also loosing their Log Books ?

Yes. I noticed it with SU5.

Please use this topic in #bugs-and-issues
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/airport-history-not-updating-on-world-map/373761

Closing as a duplicate and per OP request.

Thank you!

1 Like