World map Issue. Impossible to choose a gate when SID is selected

Indeed, same happend to me,
they only way is to load in VFR , then select a gate

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

This does happen (I’m on Xbox Series X). Not every time but several times. When creating a flight plan on the world map, after you choose a departure gate/ramp and a destination airport/runway, changing to IFR High Altitude Airline, the planner automatically fills in a departure path (SID) and changes the parking spot to the respective runway. You can’t then change this back to a parking spot because it just keeps switching back to the runway instantly.

However, I realized this is just a UI bug. If you zoom in closely to the departure airport you can see the yellow line does indeed start from your parking spot and goes to the runway start point. Loading in the flight, the plane spawns cold and dark on the appropriate parking spot as it should.

I attach a video.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

I always use an imported flightplan on the map. Before the last update (of the update) there was a minor error: when selecting a parking position on the map and not from the RWY/GATE/PARKING menu, the flightplan was altered. So I always selected gate with the menu which worked.

Now after the last update, when I try to select a gate from the menu, as soon as I have pressed the left mouse button, the menu resets back to the runway although on the map there’s a yellow line from the selected parking position to the runway ! I had 3 flights so far, the first began on the runway, but the other two began on the selected parking position as they should.

1 Like

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

I cannot start at a gate location if I am utilizing a sid. If I choose a sid it will automatically set my start location to a runway. If I select direct rather than a sid I can select a gate from the drop down.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

dont believe it is relevant

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

sim update 11

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Yes

sometimes (few in really), I was able to select a gate but it changed the flight plan…

YES

Airport and Aircraft agnostic, occurs with both 3rd party and default scenery and aircraft. Restarting the sim does not provide a temporary fix.

If you select the SID then choose the parking space, it says “RunwayXX” in the box but you actually still launch from the parking space

Same issues for me with v1.29.30.0. Very frustrating. Also, not happy that I import a simbrief and when you try to change the runway it goes back to MSFS default planning and erases everything and you have to import again. I really wish flight planning was simple as it could be.

Also (a suggestion): if the “value of X = maximum altitude for a given plane” then the “value of Y for IFR cruising altitude should not be greater than X!” OMG I’m so frustrated with this poor planning by the default MSFS planner and not being able to save things. Last suggestion, if i press BACKSPACE on changing the cruise altitude in NAVLOG, how about it not closing the window and actually backspacing?

Just had this happen at MMMX. I can choose a gate only if I remove the SID. Otherwise, I’m forced to start on the runway. Yet, when I start the flight, I’m at the gate, not the runway!

1 Like

I have the same problem. Impossible to start at the gate with the SID! We need a fix please!

Same problem actually with version 1.30.12.0, hope, that gets fixed with SU12…i was in the SU12 Beta, got kicked out by unknown reason, than the Sim installed the latest “normal” version - sincethat time the problem persists.

Greets,
Markus

Reply to my own post :slight_smile:

Problem solved, have a look for the solution here:

World Map Cannot Select New Departure

Greets,
Markus

Hi,
How do you fix the issue with Xbox Serie X. I have this problem since SU11.
I only fly in IFR
Impossible to begin at gate with the SID.

Thank you!

The Same - This time with LFBO - With anything other than “DIRECT” as a departure I cannot select a gate to start at.

None

Bonus features given in the last update:
My problem with World Map is that if you change ANYTHING in the process, you MUST RESET YOUR START POSITION OR ROUTE.

Whenever I change, i.e. the airplane to fly, the departure or arrival or approach, the starting position change from any parking position to Active Runway.

Preload flight plan, and then change parking position (launch position), the loaded route is replaced with MSFS autoroute route.

During the last week or so, I am having the same problem. As an example, I can select (in the World section) to start at KROA, Parking Position 29, and all is well. Then I choose to fly to KHSP and all is well. Then I choose Low Altitude and then choose to change from DIRECT to SCUTA3 as my SID. Direct will fly you into a mountain if flying in a Cessna. The spot I selected earlier will change to a runway. This does not allow a cold and dark startup and is unrealistic. It also will not put the flight plan into the aircraft and has to be set up again inside the aircraft. It will sometimes, even then, require resetting the route since Working Title. I realize that the last part is a different subject (probably) but appears to be part of the whole problem.

Is this still reproducing for you in Sim Update 13? Thanks for your feedback!

Not at KROA Jayne. But at many airports it still does. Thanks for your attention to our problems.

1 Like

Before realising that, I was simply adding the SID after spawning at the gate. :smile: