World Map keeps turning. Xbox X

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Brief description of the issue:World Map keeps turning. Xbox X

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Can you be a bit more specific on “turning?”

Also, welcome to the community!

Hello @HMGermain, welcome to the forums!

I have moved your topic into Community Support. The Bug Reporting category is for reporting confirmed bugs an by filling out the provided template.

As @HamMan2118 posted above, it would be great if you could provide more details for the community to assist you. :+1:

1 Like

See the same issue.
Searching an airport the world map or earth starts fast spinning.
When moving the yoke it stops.
Regards

1 Like

Do you have a third-party yoke? (I.e. Logitech, Honeycomb)

Yes - Velocity one !

1 Like

@HMGermain, do you have the Turtle Beach Velocity One yoke?

Yes thats correct.

Yes, I use Turtle Beach Velocity One yoke! When I move the yoke the earth does not stop spinning !!!

2 Likes

Multiple people have reported this issue. I made a video to provide a better idea. Basically when selecting an airport from search results the map would go through this weird zooming motion and then start to spin. The spinning can be stopped temporarily by moving the yoke but would always return when searching for an airport, and never happens with the yoke disconnected. Editing sensitivity including dead zone doesn’t seem to affect this at all.

I’m on firmware 1.4.0. I opened a support ticket with Turtle Beach, will update here if I hear anything useful. Just wondering how others are getting around this annoying issue.

As reported by other users:

Finally heard back from support:

In the Menu go to Options > Controls Options
Select “VELOCITYONEFLIGHT” across the top
Go to CAMERA > COCKPIT CAMERA
Remove the buttonmapping for
COCKPIT VIEW Z TRANSLATION AXIS (LOCKABLE)
COCKPIT VIEW X TRANSLATION AXIS (LOCKABLE)

I can’t confirm, having retunred the Xbox…

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Velocity Flight One Yoke causes the World Map to spin uncontrollably until an input is made. When attempting to make a complex flight plan using the search function, selecting the searched for and found way point, will cause the map to move uncontrollably, making the way point unable to be selected to add to the flight plan.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
NA

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Go into the world map and it will start spinning, an input using the yokes buttons will stop this. Search for a way point using the search function, select the way point and the map will again move uncontrollably.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Xbox

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Current update.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Search

Turtle world map

Set the death zone to 3%

There is an issue with the Velocity One Flight stick: if you enter a cockpit sometimes the cockpit view turns like a carousel. You can stop it by turning the stick. Might be related to the issue discussed here? :thinking:

Yes

Adjusted deadzones. Problem persists.

I don’t have the cockpit view z and X translation Axis mapped to anything on mine and it still spins.

using a mouse next to VF. If the pointer touches the map area it will zoom out uncontrollably

Spinning. My MSFS Xbox series x is now doing the same thing. Spinning and I couldn’t find a way to make it stop.

Do you have the velocity one yoke? That seems to be a cause of this