World map no longer saves ANYTHING

Same here - so I assume it still applies after the hotfix. I wonder why it’s not a general issue for everyone.

Oh the topic name changed from autosave ,to “not saving aynthing”?
Especially for longer trips saves that are not reliable are no fun. I’ve had issues with it too before & have reported on it Sim Update V (1.18.13.0) Bug Megathread - #563 by TripsyTipsy
The bug is not update specific though,before update V ,saves were still somewhat reliable.At least they saved progress ,not the state of flight,but progress at least.In update V unfortunately it no longer seems to save anything indeed

As I’ve understood it’s not about “session saves” during flights but when you plan a flight on the World Map it should show you the last used airports in the airport list, the IDs of the aircraft entered last time, etc. Now the last airports is a no-changing fixed list and no IDs are visible at all. No map settings (filters, etc) are saved either.

1 Like

Good point ,I remember it showing me the last used airports in previous version of the game.It no longer shows that now you mention it…
& that also might explain why after loading my “frequent flyer miles” save due to plane crash,it instructs me to fly back & forth as if the progress is gone & only saved my position near the arrival.
(Allowed the AI pilot to do the landing…with the boeing not doing flaps & wheels,it just crashed into runway… so had to reload)
Position sometimes save,other times you spawn a second before crash impact after loading a save,also shown in the bug megathread of update 5
Saves seem to fail to contain all the data & hold it together.Or maybe its due to missing IDs etc
Saves/loads are very unreliable & erratic

1 Like

@somethingbrite Make this a votable topic please!

1 Like

When I open up Simbrief at the beginning of a planned flight, it asks me if I want to load the flightplan that has been detected into Simbrief, but it only lists the last flight I had before update 5 regardless of what the current flightplan actually is.

I suppose it depends on how you fly.
If you are just jumping into a plane and flying around there are a lot of these details that you won’t notice.

Once you start setting specific fuel and pax/cargo weight loads etc you start to notice it.

Recent airports not saved. (Did save this info before SU5)

Tail number, callsign, flight number. Apparently saved. But info not displayed. (It saved and displayed this info before SU5)

Fuel load, cargo weight values change to default each time you open that field.

Centre of Gravity doesn’t seem to get saved when loading into the actual flight!

Weather setting does seem to save. Time has always been a bit flaky. - unchanged. Still flaky.

I had that since I started the game, the last airports saved in my case was both Changi WSSS and Sultan Mahmud WMKN and I flew that flight in 04/10/2021.

Fuel load and cargo value is so for me since my first flight, same with center of gravity.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.