World update 3: UK

I think they’re being extremely transparent and aggressive with their update roadmap, it’s only natural for somethings to take much longer than initially planned. I’d rather they continue to occasionally get things wrong, than to just decide to keep things a secret so that people don’t complain about delays.

5 Likes

Ya gotta wonder if these updates are just putting the game where it should have been upon release?

1 Like

Jayne we (I) are not having a go at you, you can only pass on any updates if your given any. I suppose it’s just been a bad day at the office for the Asobo/MS team, hopefully they learn from their poor communication performance, and we move on to better days. Your doing a great job by the way. Thanks.

3 Likes

Indeed, mostly fixes/updates you dont see (sdk updates, aircraft handling etc. etc.), graphics didn’t change too much (some even got worse)

I don’t think the moderators are defending Asobo. They have said they are not paid staff and just volunteers. They had no idea it was going to be delayed again.

2 Likes

Hey it’s been a fun home sby day reading these threads , had a little fly , in these times what’s another five days , we have been up to our neck in it world wide for a year ! Carrot and stick somthing to look fwd to :grin:

2 Likes

Absolutely appreciate your engagement with everyone, so thank you.

For what its worth, part of the problem here is that
A) This shouldn’t have happened in the first place

and

B) It feels to a lot of paying customers like a bit of a merry-go-round.

This will not be the first time senior management has had to come back with tails between their legs apologizing for poor communication - so yeah…when are they going to learn?

It’s a bit mind boggling that the most important channel for communicating with their customer base, the community managers, are not sitting directly in the meetings for go-no-go discussions.

This sort of closed-door approach is going to lead to tears every time.

And part of the go-no-go decision should be based on up-to-date feedback from YOU, the community managers.

If hundreds and thousands of customers are having problems and want them fixed, they should be factoring that into every high level discussion they have with the engineering teams and leads, full stop.

Similarly, if they want to say “we delayed the released to make sure we get it right”, well, then why we’re you not actively engaged in discussions with the community management staff 2 weeks ago? They shouldn’t even be making go-no-go decisions day of anyways…Go-no-go should have decided firm last week!

4 Likes

I don’t have a short memory. Things that have deteriorated since:

• spikes all over the world
  • the coastline glitch
  • grainy clouds and reflections

These are things that really damage the experience.

Other things have been broken in the meantime, fixed weeks or moths later:

• Logbook not working
  • some autopilot issues
  • lightnings in clear sky (fixed, but still worse that in Aug)
  • dialogs streched

These are only the examples I remember.

On the positive side: The performance has improved a little bit but is still far from great

11 Likes

Today was never a release day… It was anticipated but it was never confirmed.

1 Like

Just wanted to say HI!!!

DId something happen today?

3 Likes

I think they should start releasing smaller bug fixes more often vs giant updates once every few months. sort of like the windows update. release the bug fixes on priority so at least those for whom the game is unplayable can get their money’s worth. why do they have to fix everything in one update, this game is very complex and it can never be done this way on time.

9 Likes

Stop excusing this, or it will continue to happen. Asobo has consistently over promised and under delivered. I fully understand bugs happen and delays happen, but then stop advertising and Twitch’ing about all that’s coming “soon”. It’s getting annoying.

16 Likes

I am quite sure those items could have been fix with a hot-fix

2 Likes

It’s like an episode of The Young Ones in here.

The Ricks - God, ASOBO you fascists!
The Neils - Chill out man, it’s not thier fault.
The Eddie - Rick, im going to knock you out
Mike - Right im off to fly with my VR headsetYO

10 Likes

I could refer you to the 7 or 8 patch notes, but it would be a waste of time

It’s delayed. Can deal with that. Plenty of things to do other than grumble about something I have no control over.

5 Likes

You could power a propeller with all the twisted knickers on display today.

7 Likes

This forum keeps stuttering, just like a real flight sim :grin:

6 Likes
  • tree draw distance
  • night lighting
  • autogen buildings without texture/windows
  • photogrammetry buildings distortions/draw distance
  • autopilot turns

The visuals really deteriorated since the release, either due to “performance optimization” or lack of control of the complexity of the entire thing (client, Azure, weather, traffic).

8 Likes

What about CTD’s and simconnect? I didn’t fly with online traffic or live traffic since December update. All for those ■■■■ CTD’s

1 Like