World update 3: UK

Clearly a joke, but in all seriousness, someone can come across that, and we have another outburst on our hands.

I’m sure we’ve all seen evidence of users not reading a whole thread before replying, with often repeated questions that have already been answered.

1 Like

Not to bad. How’s yourself?

Been trying to reinstall the game for three days now and just getting stuck. Hoping the new update pushes out something that can progress it.

Yeah I guess you can’t blame them since this thread is over 2k posts. I’ve added an edit for good measure haha.

1 Like

Yep, you’re just poking the beast and it ruins people’s day! Lets try to stop things kicking off before they have to :stuck_out_tongue:

(the edit helps, appreciated :+1:)

2 Likes

All,

I love this sim.

I don’t mess with it or tweak it.

I have a few of the fantastic freeware offerings.

I would love the update like everyone else, but it will come when it comes.

In the last few months, I have never had CTDs, my updates work perfectly and I get around 40FPS, mainly in Ultra settings, with 4K resolution which I have in a window, and to maintain the FPS in busy situations, I adjust the window size.

It is a sim that I have always dreamed of having since the first version of Flight Simulator!

I have seen it improve magnificently since Tech Alpha and I know with each passing month it will getter better.

Fantastic flying days ahead.

17 Likes

Guys, any recommedations on how to update MS? Currently my 747 MCU doesnt work because of the a320 mod. I wonder if the update will fix that…
Update it via the store or via the sim?

I fully agree!
It look like bug fixing is not the priority of Asobo.

:ghost: :rocket: :+1:t2: :sweat_smile:

If you bought from the store my preferred approach is:

Empty community folder
Start the sim
Get redirected to the store
Download the store update
Click Play in the store
The sim starts and will start to download the update
After update, exit the sim
Do a full pc restart
Run the sim
Check the content manager for anything that needs to be updated
Update anything in the content manager (eg world update)
Quit the sim
Restart my pc
Start the sim

Once sure all OK, quit the sim and replace mods and test

And good to go

Seems convoluted but has worked every time so far (commentators kiss of death ?)

5 Likes

I’m assuming that only works for people that can actually run the game?

As I haven’t managed to download the full game for a few days now.

Instead of emptying the community folder, renaming it should also do the trick, right? There’s a few folders within the community if you have the livery package etc…

1 Like

Sorry, i was to scared it will be delayed again

That’s just another way of saying “don’t believe anything Asobo says with regards dates they give for updates, new products, etc”

At which point my point, and the points of everyone on this entire thread showing any level of frustration, would be proven right.

IMO it should be delayed again until there sorted out the 3rd party airport CTD problems

It’s all good :handshake:The air is heavy with excitement and frustration haha.

2 Likes

I have bought some popcorn for tomorrow so i can sit back and watch the unfolding events. Pitchforks and outrage bus when they delayed an “anticipated” release last time out. Going to go crazy if they delay an actual promised date. Let the frenzy at the trough begin lol.

1 Like

My exact way too and never had an issue even since alpha

Make you minds up. Is it expected at 4pm GMT or 5pm GMT+1 ?

(Joke)

2 Likes

Today was a expected release date not a 100% offical date as of last week

1 Like

Can we have a Ryanair fanfare if it arrives early?

4 Likes