World Update: Australia

You have my vote. I’d like to see regional airports updated also.

2 Likes

Absolutely! And please, update the watermasking on the Great Barrier Reef, it simply doesn’t exist in the MSFS world at the moment.

5 Likes

Extremely good! Orbx Sydney Harbour bridge is excellent !!

2 Likes

Australia definitely needs a world update, it’s accurate but not to the accuracy of other countries. In my home town, there are legit streets missing that have been there for a few years

6 Likes

We need a stronger, more unified voice🙃

5 Likes

I would love to see the strobe lighting associated with the Bankstown Lane of entry added, there’s probably a way to add them myself but I wouldn’t know where to begin.

Yeah they seem to have glossed over Australia a bit, I hope they do a world update for it and add photogrammetry for all capital cities, it’s got quite a unique style of heritage and modern houses with verandahs etc too. I used the ORBX Jandakot for a lot of GA flying and the default Jandakot is rather lackluster.

2 Likes

But please do New Zealand at the same time.

3 Likes

Yeah, coz the kiwis are just part of the far eastern states, hey bro!:joy:

1 Like

The outback looks like ■■■■ FSX was way better in that regard

All i want is YWLM, I’m sure Melbourne, Brisbane etc are getting airports released soon, Newcastle’s city scape is great thanks to having bing photogramatry for the area, one of the few cities in Australia that have it. But the airport is made completely wrong.
The commercial side of the airport isn’t modelled, the gates are on the RAAF side of the airport, there aren’t even any gates over that side. Poorly made for an important city. (I’m saying important purely because of what i said before, there are only a handful of Austtalia cities that bing has photogramerty, you’d think they’d put some effort into modelling for that)

3 Likes

I wish ORBX would pull their finger out already and give us some Aussie airports. So far ORBX have released 0 Aus airports. Seriously what is the hold up. Port them from p3d… instead we are getting the likes of Adelaide landmarks. No offence but Adelaide is the most boring city in Australia

1 Like

Yeah. as a Melbournian, I really wish we can get YMML and Melbourne Landmark pack. Basically Australian State capital airports should be the priority for ORBX at this stage.

I want my long haul Jakarta - Melbourne flight with both custom handcrafted airports.

1 Like

Yes i agree. You would be looking forward to Aerosoft Bali then no doubt.

Definitely. They keep teasing us with awesome photos… I can’t wait. At least I would be able to fly the Bali - Sydney route with the A330 since I already have the custom Sydney airport from the Premium edition when the Bali one is released.

2 Likes

I’m hoping they don’t do any more world updates anywhere.

At present I can actually fly in some parts of the world without too many performance issues…

Why not? change is something that always happens. Rather than avoiding change, embrace it. The sim needs to improve. World updates add more realism with more detailed scenery and the likes.

Performance hits are merely side effects, The solution is to fix the side effects. Not preventing updates. That’s not a good mindset to have.

I love the core concept. But the infrastructure needs work, the base game performance needs optimization and the photogrammetry needs a lot of tweaking before already treated locations (like NYC) stop looking like a crumbing post apocalyptic wasteland.

1 Like

100% Australia World Update needs to happen.
Especially Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast & Perth Airports.

NZ would be a bonus too! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Agreed-I liked ORBX’s version of Gold Coast Airport in FSX and P3D-the default one in MSFS simply doesn’t compare.