World Update: Canada?

I was wondering if there is an update/enhancement World Update coming for Canada and when that might be?

36 Likes

I would love to see that as well. But no one knows what’s in the works for future releases. Likely they’ll announce what the next world update will be in the Twitch Q&A starting shortly. Beyond that though, no one outside of Asobo knows what’s planned or coming.

3 Likes

I would like a Brazil WU, most landmarks from Brazil are missing (or are not named) in the game. Even famous ones like the Iguazu Falls.

2 Likes

Hey, nice one guys, if you dont ask, nobody gets the idea :wink:

Would love to see Canada! Then again, i’d love to see the world in photogrammetry without spending thát much money on a world trip… We’ll just have to wait and see.

1 Like

I’d love (in order of preference)

1. Canada!
  2. South America
  3. Asia (if not all of Asia (China might be hard I guess), at least South-East - India, Thailand, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, etc etc)
4 Likes

The forgotten neighbor in the North. I would love to see this as well but I think priority should be on South America, Asia and the Oceania nations.
South America imo seriously needs an update and it would be great to get some photogrammetry around major Brazilian cities.

2 Likes

I agree, Canada would be great. I’m surprised it’s not a higher priority given it’s 2/3 the population of the UK although it’s a global GA/ bush flying mecca.
Further to that, there is a large demographic of simmers per population.
For proof, look at the number of addon sceneries available for BC Canada for the various flight sims over the years. There’s definitely an audience.
Hopefully one day…

3 Likes

Agreed CANADA! Coming soon to a sim near you! (We hope also!)

And folks the WU5 Location(s) were announced in the dev q & a video today!

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

A vote for Canada from a Brit.

Pretty please Asobo…

2 Likes

There is still photogrammetry missing for much of metro Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton. For metro Vancouver, it only has photogrammetry for downtown and little outside of downtown. But most of metro Vancouver such as Burnaby, Richmond, south & west side of Vancouver, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Surrey, etc, don’t have photogrammetry.

For Calgary and Edmonton, it’s just downtown and a little outside downtown that has photogrammetry mostly. But photogrammetry is missing for most of the city outside downtown.

A world update for Canada would be awesome. I would love it if metro Vancouver in particular got more photogrammetry. And of course, Calgary and Edmonton.

3 Likes

This would be fantastic, a tremendously beautiful country to fly in with a very passionate aviation community within it.

Another vote from a proud Canadian!

2 Likes

Could not agree with you more, those are the three cities I spend the majority of my time in MSFS flying in and out of. Would love to see some upgrades to those areas.

2 Likes

I live in Ottawa/Montreal region… I am also a new student pilot for flying in Ottawa. I would love to see a big update for YOW, YUL and YYZ… Montreal airport is super important in Canada and would love to have a FlyTampa level YUL one day…
BTW for the Canadian flyers there is a 3rd party company (SIMADDONS) that has made many Canadian Airports (Ottawa, Halifax…) . It is not available in the Market Place you can only buy it from their website. They do a great job highly recommended…

2 Likes

Let’s make this a VOTE…

3 Likes

Isn’t Canada a province of the US and therefore already covered under WU2?

4 Likes

Canada is it’s own country.

By the way, I agree with this thread. Let’s get Canada as a world update!

1 Like

It is? Are you sure?

Oh dear…:rofl::popcorn:

1 Like

Pretty sure I live there sooooooo yeah :sweat_smile:

1 Like

A Canada WU would definitely please me.

1 Like