World Update: Canada?

Ah I had heard Nordic but I guess I didn’t think of Iceland as being Nordic.

Congrats to all our Icelandic friends!

Although I’m not sure how Greenland feels since it’s also Nordic.

****load of Québec’s airports

http://www.jpfil.com/quebec-fs2020/aeroports.htm?fbclid=IwAR1Vi3889fmcluUgxkrTR0hGiEp2EZ3j-4X9pWZTAznkpiFbq0O3oBNPTr0

+1 for Canada WU

Don’t make us come down there AGAIN and kick your ■■■…lol

1 Like

There was one but nobody really knows what the PEI looks like :wink: :smiley:

We’re writing a sternly worded letter, but in the end we’ll all be friends, eh?

Added to the Wishlist.

9 Likes

down here they claim (when forced to discuss it at all) that it was the British that sacked and burned the original US Capitol to the ground…but we who have been properly educated know better.
I’ll wager more than half the people registered to this website didn’t even know that the one in Virginia isn’t the original - and that none of the clowns who defiled it on 1/6/2021 knows it.

• another - for Canada
3 Likes

Canada is great place to fly around, but there is so much more to see outside of the NA. So no vote from me to another NA update for a couple of years…

1 Like

1 Like

kidding hehe

Funny you mention PEI. That reminds me that PEI was actually missing from FS2002 at first.

1 Like

And I’ll be all over that like Michael Jackson on a troop of boy scouts when it launches. He did an incredible job on both Brampton-Caledon and Buttonville Municipal. They’re the best looking 3rd party airports I’ve seen to date. I have no reason to believe that YOW won’t be just as awesome.

3 Likes

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Well met! I thinking I’ll have the same fervor

Oh my trip around the world, I noticed the further north I got to the 60th (started in Alberta and headed to Alaska), I didn’t see much bing data.
I did a quick peek on bing maps and vast areas especially in the central and eastern northern sections of the 60th are bing less.

I would have to say, I can’t see them thinking of Canada any time soon because of this. Which is to bad.

Cheers
PACO572

3 Likes

Oh Canada! For anyone interested. I think Roman Designs might have seen this thread. CYOW is released

1 Like

I’m a Canuck, and there are many places I’d rather see get the world update treatment first: Italy, Norway, Brazil, India, New Zealand, etc etc. In terms of geographical and urban interest per flightsim square mile, only Canada’s West Coast really qualifies. But the whole country? Bit of a nothing burger.

1 Like

I assume it would be similar to other world updates: some new detailed airports, new scenery models for POIs, new photogrammetry in specific areas, some new adventures/landing challenges.

When they will make update for Canada because we can’t even pass under the Jacque Cartier bridge because they ahve a wall and event in my area the evelation isn’t correct In Saguenay because I have a hill that even not exist in my town.

2 Likes
1 Like

When they have access to the data they require. Not all areas of the globe have high quality satellite images and mesh data available.

I think they mentioned in one of the Dev Q & A’s that areas nearer to the North and south pole have less high quality data available.

In some areas of the world the authorities will not give access to the data they have.

1 Like