World Update: Canada?

Hate to nitpic but, when we actually have data for the rest of Canada, we can start working on bridge effects.

Unfortunately, as it always is outside southern Ontario and Quebec, the millions of ‘other’ square miles of breathtaking country is nearly unusable, in. MSFS.

Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver aren’t too bad, but try flying in any of the sparsely populated areas and you will find super low resolution. Not to mention transitions between summer images and winter images 3 times in a 10 minute flight.

Maybe a little love for the amazing wilderness. Then get the bridges out of the rivers on the Trans Canada Highway, the docks and boats back onto the surface of the waterways.

When we have achieved even a bit of that, I will endorse a request to fly under a bridge somewhere.

1 Like

I be good if they just modelled the NHL/Junior hockey arenas and came up with more realistic snow.

Canada and Brazil would be great.

1 Like

Agree… we should get an entire North America WU… that includes Canada and Mexico and a re-do of the US photogrammetry, since MS’s photogrammetry quality/fidelity has improved exponentially since the original US WU.

1 Like

I’d love to have more Arctic points of interest if they did Canada world update, like if you had stuff as points of interest like the last known location of the Franklin expedition and cool stuff like that as point of interest areas and it would be really interesting to put in shipwrecks as point of interests to give us more stuff to explore with the new float plane

Yeah I’d like to see Canada too ! But there’s a little issue with real arctic points of interest :blush: probably, the math used for coordinates in MSFS does not allow for detail at high latitudes. We already noticed that with the Nordic update, nature regions in the south of Norway look much better than regions far up north. The actual Pole cannot be reached at all, it behaves like some kind of black hole and near the poles, weather can do funny things. Also, when you get up north or down south, there’s not enough satellite images.

1 Like

I’d love to see an update to Canada as well. The satellite imagery for Saskatoon and the province of Saskatchewan is very low quality and outdated in general. It looks like the imagery they are using are from either early in the spring or later in the fall so everything looks dead with little in the way of vegetation. Being as the country is so huge and diverse, this would be an ambitious world update for Asobo.

I know this link has been posted earlier on this thread (thank you @chatdorange123), but since this topic has been busy the last few days I thought it was worth point folks to this: World Update Canada

VOTE!

Have a nice day, eh?

1 Like

thanks for this link

I would welcome a Canada update with open arms but personally I would love to see a Southern Hemisphere update first. Oceania or even just New Zealand.

Really? We’re a totally different country let alone a state.

If they do a historical aircraft for Canada world update I’d hope for the old school single engine otter, because the float plane model would be really awesome

1 Like

there was about 3.6 times more Beavers than Otters that were made
Would go for a Beaver IMO

5 Likes

I would also prefer the Beaver.

Beaver Tails are delicious!

(https://beavertails.com/ if you have no idea what I am talking about)

I think the single engine otter would be more fun for running small air mail routes because Milviz is already is developing a Beaver which is probably going to be awesome

2 Likes

The Beaver holds a special meaning for me. It’s the only small plane I’ve flown in WAAAAAAAAAY back when I was 14 years old. I sat in the right seat, and the owner let me hold it in flight and do a bit of maneuvering with it.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s just me, but I think Canada’s most iconic aircraft is the CL-41 Tutor :slight_smile:

Canada would be great - but so would Africa. Ever visit Victoria Falls? Don’t bother in MSFS, because it isn’t there.

2 Likes

I’m with that WallyBallou. I travelled all around East Africa by Beaver and Caribou back in the day. Would be great to take one of those on a ‘reminisce’ trip.