World Update Canada

I need it for my Twin Otter Canadian lake tour, my irl dream for a way of life!!

3 Likes

This would be fantastic. Iā€™ve been flying over BC and Ontario and so much is missing or in poor shape.

1 Like

I would like to see this one as well and this got my vote!

Besides I would like se see the arctic areas better modeled. For instance itā€™s very frustrating to see trees in places like Alert.
Airports and runways in these regions arenā€™t well modeled as well.
IMO, a Canadian scenario could take care of this.

2 Likes

When Asobo/MS do the historical aircraft for the Canada update, I would love to see the Avro Arrow with the update. Hopefully by then weā€™ll already have the Beaver, Otter and other Canadian GA aircraft already for the sim. At least Asobo wonā€™t get the prop rotation wrong for the Avro Arrowā€¦ :joy:

Asobo can get in touch with Xtreme Prototypes (or another developer) and make it happen!

3 Likes

We donā€™t want to talk about the Arrow, thereā€™s still an ache.

2 Likes

Yes, completely agree. But that doesnā€™t mean that we canā€™t enjoy flying it. I hate having to go into FSX just to enjoy a 3D cockpit for the Avro Arrow. X-Planeā€™s version only has a 2D cockpit. There really needs to be an Avro Arrow in MSFS. It would be great to have it introduced along with a World Update for Canada.

1 Like

Average only one day of snow (less than 2 inch) per year in Victoria. :slight_smile:

World Update 7: Canada would be nice along with Local Legends 2: CF-105 Avro Arrow. Asking for too much?

3 Likes

I just moved to Alberta from Vancouver (I know ā€¦ WHY, right?) - family ā€¦ because I sure miss staying in sandals all winter long with no snow to be seen and only maybe 4 to 6 times in 8 years living there have I seen snow stick to the ground or the temperature to go below freezing, quite rareā€¦ but back to the sim, CANADA is so beautiful, the rockies , the oceans, the great lakes, Cape Breton (just AGAIN voted North Americaā€™s most beautiful island) Banff, Lake Louise, Emerald Lake, Roche Perce in Gaspe, the highest tides in the world in Bay of Fundy - Victoria, Tofino, how about get some Orcaā€™s in there we can fly above , or land and observe with float planeā€¦ Canada is vast, wide and beautiful coast to coast it will need a World Update CANADA only of its own ā€¦ we are after all even larger than the US ā€¦ let us share some of this beauty with the rest of the world !

8 Likes

CYHU, situated on the south shore of MontrƩal, is the airport with the most GA traffic in Canada. It would be awesome if it was given some :heart: :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

Correctionā€¦
Winter and construction :grin:

2 Likes

The problem with Canada is, wellā€¦itā€™s Canada! Too few people , equals small profit
The second is is Canada is huge! So I could maybe see a more focused Canada, perhaps Jasper/Banff/Canmore. BC interior Kelowna/Penticton/ Whistler. Niagara Falls area,

We already have many cities in photogrammetry. Calgary, Edmonton,Hamilton,London,Montreal, Ottawa,Quebec City, Toronto,Vancouver,Victoria,Winnipeg

I would love to see a small developer do add ones such as Oil Rigs, outdoor rinks, Wheat pool buildings, moose, bears (polar,grizzly) totem poles in BC, etc

2 Likes

Top 16 busiest Canadian Airports by annual volume (2019): (more than 1 million passengers annually)

CYYZ -Toronto Pearson Intl - 50+mil
CYVR - Vancouver Intl - 26+mil
CYUL - Montreal Trudeau (nee Dorval) - 20+mil
CYYC - Calgary Intl - 18+mil
CYEG - Edmonton Intl - 8.1mil
CYOW - Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier Intl - 5.1mil
CYWG - Winnipeg James Armstrong - 4.4mil
CYHZ - Halifax Stanfield - 4.1mil
CYTZ - Toronto Billy Bishop - 2.7mil
CYLW - Kelowna Intl - 2.1+mil
CYYJ - Victoria Intl - 1.9+mil
CYQB - Quebec Jean Lesage - 1.7mil+
CYXE - Saskatoon John G Diefenbaker - 1.5+mil
CYYT - St. Johnā€™s Intl - 1.4+mil
CYQR - Regina Intl - 1.1mil
CYXX - Abbotsford Intl - 1mil

3 Likes

its CYQB :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As much as I would love to see the Avro Arrow CF-105 included in the sim, I donā€™t think it will happen as the aircraft was only in the prototype phase before cancellation by the Diefenbaker government. :frowning:
However, the CF-100 Canuck would be cool as it was the ONLY Canadian designed military aircraft to enter service. That being said, what Iā€™d really like to see is the CT-144 Tudor trainer that the Snowbirds use. Would love to do some large formation aerobatics in this versatile, if old, aircraft. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks and fixed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the link to vote on a Canada Update. Korea had over 500 votes.

4 Likes

Right on! Go Canada :canada: Go!

Would love to see a World Update 8 - Canada along with a local legends 3 CF-105 Avro Arrow. This plane was faster than the current F-18s back in 1959! Canadian engineering!

3 Likes

It is good to ā€œfixedā€ / added airport in Quebec but that does not fixed the landscape in between for bush VFR flights

There is lot of so nice free mods for Quebec and MontrĆ©al. Just go to flightsim.to and youā€™ll get a bunch of nice stuf. All bridges are done and fantastic looking. Just lurk at flightsim.to

AndrƩ Vaillancourt.

2 Likes