World Update II: USA incoming

we know its been known for over weeks now its coming on tuesday lol

The real name is: World Update II: NORTH AMERICA not United States.

1 Like

Jorg specifically said ‘the next World Update is expected to launch later this year, and will be dedicated to the United States territory’ in one of the community updates Asobo does.

Please state sources because Asobo’s own road map and all their material so far say “USA WORLD UPDATE”.

Now I wish it was North America and really hoping I’m wrong and you’re right. Canada never gets any love. I’m not expecting it though because Asobo have never said the udpate would be anything but the USA.

EDIT: If. your basis for this is the Around The World Series: North America, that’s not a preview of the world updates.

1 Like

I said this because in the official trailer announcing the launch it specifically says North America and in the trailer the first 10 cities shown are Canadian starting with Quebec City and ending in Victoria BC.

It’s unequivocally ‘United States’ in last week’s roadmap update: [BLOG] November 19th, 2020 Development Update

The Around the World series has nothing to do with the World Updates. It’s not a preview or trailer for the udpates. It’s just showing off parts of NA with the existing graphics.

I wonder when we will see a trailer for the USA update? I recall seeing the Japan update trailer a day or so before that was released (https://youtu.be/nalJaTmv-TY). I assume similar for tomorrow’s release. That should mean a trailer at some point soon i.e. today?

That was an actual preview, and it’s advertised as such in the title. MS released that because they wanted to show it off at an event in Japan.

Considering the USA udpate is tomorrow, there are no events to show it off at, and there’s nothing posted as of right now, I wouldn’t really expect a trailer video.

I did some searches but couldn’t find anything indicating what the expectations should be for the update.
My guess is better graphics, increased accuracy and FPS?

Well, I wish our Canadian friends were included in the update. Maybe we will be surprised. I sure hope so.

1 Like

No. The main focus of the World Updates is to enhance/improve an specific part of the World, it can be better satellite imagery, more photogrammetric coverage, custom airports, buildings/houses more architecturally accurate etc.

I hope so too. But honestly not expecting anything. If we get something, then it will be a nice bonus.

Higher resolution elevation data is one thing we can expect in the world update portion. THey’re adding several more hand-crafted airports in the US as well.

As for stuff in the updates, they released some stuff last week in their devblog. We were supposed to get better CPU optimization 2 patches ago. Then again last patch. Apparently that got pushed to this one, but I honestly don’t have high expectations. The only thing I’m expecting is a bunch of new bugs.

NOVEMBER 19TH, 2020 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

NOVEMBER 19, 2020 | POSTED BY: MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR TEAM

It has been an action-packed week with the team dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s for next Tuesday’s World Update II: North America (Update #7).

Be a little Leary of this, past releases have not matched the video

1 Like

I have been told that the update is for the United States only.
I have escalated that post to the team to modify that reference. Sorry for the confusion.
CC: @Benoro011019, @Crunchmeister71

That’s strange because I read this page in detail several times, and it used to clearly say USA. I clicked the link and it said USA on my end, likely due to cached content. I did a Ctrl+F5 for a forced refresh, and it updated to North America.

Pre-Forced Refresh

Post Forced Refresh

THose 2 screen shots may be of use to you. THis page seems to have been changed in the last couple of days to say North America from US.

See @N316TS’s post above. Sounds like there may be some confusion as to what the release actually encompasses…I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you that Canada gets some love, but it sounds like you may be right after all…

1 Like

Weird! I’ve passed along that feedback, too.

That would seem to have some logic to bring Canada along with it