World Update - India?

We may arrange for a multiplayer session in India, but I have no idea how Multiplayer works ;o)

Did a flight from Mumbai to Kolkata the other day and was wondering about the “feel” of the buildings. I hope this is something that gets addressed. Im enjoying exploring new parts of the world now the scenery is vastly improved. Would be good to have the right style of buildings to go with it.

1 Like

Having traveled a lot in life, I enjoy going back in MSFS to the places I’ve visited IRL. By and large, the scenery is decent when focusing on the natural geography of the earth, and the man-made boundaries of land (e.g., farms in Michigan are on square-shaped plots of land; farming areas in South Asia are not defined by such angular boundaries). Urban areas are also acceptable for the most part, from a distance.

Where some disappointment comes in is when you fly over an actual city of any size expecting it to “look Indian” or “look like Fiji” or whatever, and it kinda looks like Mayberry instead.

I think a huge improvement would be to focus on more important, common landmarks in each country. They’re adding churches and cathedrals in the UK for the next update, for example. Temples and mosques in Asia would be a huge improvement. (Not just the world famous ones, but the smaller ones that dot the landscape in many locations).

3 Likes

True, adding minarets, stupas, pagodas, onion domes, giant buddha statues would be a good start. Might as well do the housing styles for different regions and add palm trees at least.

It’s all rather Western centric, or even US centric. I didn’t recognize Amsterdam one bit either nor the town I grew up in the Netherlands. Not that my current place in Canada looks very good. A good start would be having proper bridges, or at least railway bridges. Those are big landmarks and without the train bridge spanning the river in my town, it just looks wrong from any angle. Of course then you also have the generic traffic, grass, ground traffic at airports, planes parked at airports.

Perhaps instead of adding a couple landmarks and PG areas, time would be better spend adding regional data sets, vegetation, building styles, traffic styles. It doesn’t make as good promo material though.

4 Likes

How does one set up a wishlist request? I wonder because it certainly seems like there is some interest here, perhaps if we can get Asobo’s attention we might actually see something like this become a reality.

1 Like

Dhanyawaad - shukria :pray: :+1:

I am very happy that the first Indian airport, the Juhu airport ( VAJJ) in Mumbai, is available in the MSFS in the standard edition :grinning: :small_airplane:

It was founded in 1928 as India’s first civil aviation airport. In 1932, JRD Tata landed at the Juhu aerodrome, inaugurating India’s first scheduled commercial mail service. Juhu served as the city’s primary airport during and up to World War II. In 1948, commercial operations were moved to the much larger Chatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Santacruz, which was built 2 km east of Juhu aerodrome during the war. And now, even CSIA is too small, so a new International airport in Navi Mumbai is planned. (partially from Wikipedia, Juhu Aerodrome - Wikipedia)

I would say, Juhu airodrome is really a good flight base for VFR flights in Western part of India.

Original

grafik

MSFS

1 Like

Haji Ali Dargha in Mumbai … in the MSFS …

and in original …

Mumbai CS airport in MSFS

too many Western style buildings with gable roofs around the airport …

and in original:

M_Id_389504_a

in reality simple slum area is surrounding the airport.

But from the top of the MSFS sky Mumbai looks really great - shaabaash!!

Hi, how can we vote for India in the MSFS wishlist?

1 Like

There’s a link in the top post.

1 Like

here you are:

Voted! Would really love to see some world update for India and also a bit more attention to African and other Asian countries please.

3 Likes

:pray: :slight_smile:

Hi, just seen that TwoToneMurphy (a guy from Ireland, the green island) is currently cruising thru India! Shaabaash!

You may check it in Twitch / Youtube!

Youtube - TwoToneMurphy - India Special (check episodes under “Playlist”)

Hey India fans, I’ve started a trip journal for flying all the way across India from south to north, in a Cessna 172, in live weather and live time only.

1 Like

Shaabaash! That is great!
I will check your trip definitely … and don’t forget to vote for “Indian Scenery” on the MSFS Wishlist :slightly_smiling_face: :pray:

One more bug on VABB airport in Mumbai … can you imagine one of the biggest airports in India without ATC tower? Please go to VABB in MSFS, and if somebody can find this really marvelous ATC Sky Tower, please post it here!

1 Like

Just seen the area where the new Navi Mumbai airport is planned for 2023/2024.

May we start a designer challenge for the MSFS scenery designers to create 2-3 different fictional airports for Navi Mumbai, and let see in 2 years which will be build in reality - Please be creative and provide great new International Airports for Navi Mumbai - shaabaash!

The airport will have two runways:

• Runway 08L/26R: 3,700 by 60 metres (12,140 ft × 200 ft)
  • Runway 08R/26L: 3,700 by 60 metres (12,140 ft × 200 ft)

Here some links for the planned Navi Mumbai International Airport (NMIA):
(Check the embedded video !)

Some details about the new airport:
(Phase one: 2021, Phase two: 2022, Phase three: 2027 and Phase four: 2032)

(you may switch to English version at the top of the website)