World Update IX: Italy and Malta

How will this affect the ‘Project Coastlines Italy’ payware mod? Suppose it will not be compatible and make that redundant?

1 Like

Italy is very good in MSFS already. It will be great!

I landed in Malta yesterday, was surprised to see the detail there also.

1 Like

If they don’t include Sienna then it’s a failed update :smiley:

1 Like

i hope they include corsica which is malteated in french wu. cosrica is italian style for houses, vegetation.

I am not an Italian but I am so happy to learn about this!
Keep the world update going, Asobo!

Viva macaroni
Viva pepperoni
Viva salami…wait, I’m not sure about that one. :thinking:

-eelis-

2 Likes

Viva peroni
Viva pizza
Viva Alitalia… (keep it on a msfs topic you dont want to be that guy with the "veiw ignored content":thinking::it:)

What’s peroni?
…and to be on topic, nice to have Italy in WU9. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

-eelis-

Weirdly enough, it seems to be out, already…

Only when you click on it, it says a newer version of the game is required.

Peroni’s a beer.

Sorry for the OT, but as Italian I had to answer.

4 Likes

This is great, I believe that’s the entirety of Western Europe given a makeover now.

I know some people would like the updates to have been spread out more, but personally I like the continuity of having one continent done at a time so we can fly from update to update.

Hopefully when they move on to, for example, South America, they will give them a few world updates too.

1 Like

Grazie Ragazzi

1 Like

Is this a forced update? I have no desire to see or do anything Europe so I hope it’s not forced on us.

As with all World Updates, there will be a small-ish mandatory patch for all players, but the Italy and Malta World Update itself will be a 100% optional free download from the Marketplace.

4 Likes

The updates also seem to have other small improvements thrown in. I have always noticed higher resolution of the bing ground textures, even in other parts of the world not involved with the world update. SO it makes sense to go ahead with the update even if you dont fly in Europe

3 Likes

I concur – there were updates to many different regions as part of the WU VIII not related to Iberia. I always download all available updates whenever they are out.

I actually wonder what Italy’s local flyer would be from Italy?

I hope for some purebred racing seaplane:

Or a later release with counter-rotating propellers:

8 Likes

That’s Western Europe sorted out then. Looking at the dev roadmaps, the next ones will be South Korea (which desperately needs one) and Brazil, I guess.