World Update VI: Procedural Buildings

It has been noted elsewhere that the latest World Update VI (Germany, Austria and Switzerland) does not contain churches and that autogen houses in Germany look much more “American” than they do in reality.

Today I noticed that all previous World Updates had a package called procedural buildings in the Content Manager. WU6 however does not! I can’t imagine that MS/Asobo simply forgot to include the package. Maybe we see improved procedural buildings in a future update? Haven’t heard anything about that so far.

8 Likes

Yes WU6 was very underwhelming in this regard. As a citizen of this area, I was very disappointed with this update.

Churches are an integral part of middle European cities and villages. I don‘t know how this happened since they should know better: Jörg is originally from Germany, and the AI company, black shark ai, is located in Graz, Austria!

So this WU, in regards to buildings, was a mega fail!

The second fail, are the worse orthos for some regions in Austria, and the lack of POIs for Austria. (Only 10, Switzerland, smaller as Austria, got 26 and the majority have gone to Germany. ). A more balanced distribution would have been nice.

2 Likes

Well at least we get a freeware landmarks pack vy Troglodytus. Quality is outstanding.

1 Like

That’s really an extraordinary project. Wish it was extended to Germany; there are still so many VFR landmarks missing WU6.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.