World Update VIII: Iberia

I doubt it. They do them with the Sim Updates and not the World Update

1 Like

Does anyone know if Lisbon will be photogrammetry?

2 Likes

We really know nothing specific about this uodate but it is a very safe bet. And that would be in line with past European updates. Iā€™d be surprised if it wasnā€™t.

1 Like

Release notes will be out on Thursday and weā€™ll find out then :+1: (probably a safe bet though)

Lisbon would be nice too fly over in a helicopter, especially with those cute little trams they have there. Look them up on YouTube. Hereā€™s one link:

Taking A Ride On The Famous Tram ElƩctrico E28 In Lisbon

You know what would be better to show your respect to this tragedy would be to perhaps dedicate the update to the victims and the next world update could be China???

2 Likes

It is extremely unfortunate & disappointing that some folks think pushing out update has something else to it. Shows there is a long way to got for our evolution as a society.

I am sure everyone was eagerly waiting for the update but some things have take precedence over the others, anytime.

5 Likes

I wonder if the new photogrammetry in each WU would drop more and more FPSā€¦

I hope Asobo figure out how to fix that

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I hope for Malaga photogrammetry, or whole sun coast. That might be dream though because there is pg Marbella alreadyā€¦

-eelis-

2 Likes

The behaviour and attitude of some in this thread has been nothing short of abhorrent. It makes me ashamed to belong to the same species.

Over a 48 hour delay to a free update to a product. Delayed as a small gesture of respect for a horrific-sounding plane crash.

15 Likes

So the question is (not for me if the statement above tells the truth): wouldnā€™t this also mean to hold the update until the russian raid in the Ukraine has ended and the tragedy has come to a hopefully peaceful stop?

11 Likes

Youā€™re comparing apples to oranges mate. What happened in China is an aviation disaster. MSFS is based on aviation. Whatā€™s happening in Russia/Ukraine is different.

3 Likes

You should not read too much into the decision to delay for 2 days. It would have been justifiable to not delay it because the content is not directly related to the events. But they wanted to be on the ā€œsafe sideā€ which is understandable.

There is certainly no conspiracy going on. They were never shy to delay an update because of technical difficulties ( or release it anyways for that matter!).

2 Likes

Iā€™m just trying to understand the reasoning and logic of the statement using a proof point.

What would be better is for people to take their tin foil hats off.

Thanks for your input, though. Sage advice, Iā€™ll be sure to store it with the other golden nuggets of knowledge Iā€™ve received in the past.

3 Likes

ā€œā€¦aviation disaster. MSFS is based on aviation. Whatā€™s happening in Russia/Ukraine is differentā€¦ā€
No aviation and aviation disasters among many other disasters involved there?

3 Likes

What should we expect from this WU? Iā€™m asking the question particularly for the cities for instance Barcelona, which already has beautiful photogrammetry. Like the photogrammetry will be enhanced for Barcelona?

2 Likes

Looking forward to finding out. Maybe a preview video today at some stage? Yes Barcelona is nice already, but I do have LEBL add on with Barcelona landmarks already. Photogrammetry is nice there from what I remember.

2 Likes

Iā€™m guessing that the trailer would be published tomorrow within the release :thinking: It really is, one of my most favorite sightseeing cities, despite the fact that I mostly fly with an airliner.

Although @BragRaindrop933 if you have the add on already, I hope there wonā€™t be any overlapping, Iā€™m curious what will be the outcome when it comes to combination of photogrammetry and your add on.

1 Like