World Update VIII: Iberia

It means a whole lotta love

1 Like

A quick title? Iberia?

What other title could you give to encompass all of the Iberian Peninsula?

The question to ask is will the Update have the Canary Islands?

1 Like

We will find out more this month after the System Update drops. As per tradition.

Sometimes islands get included. Sometimes they donā€™t. At this point, only Asobo knows.

1 Like

Has anything been announced yet with regards to the next ā€œLocal Legendsā€ aircraft, specifically the one for the upcoming Iberia world update?

Dornier Do J Wal.

I forecast single digit purchases.

2 Likes

Thank you. Do you happen to have any reference? Just curiousā€¦

UPDATE: Ah, never mind: https://msfsaddons.com/2022/01/27/iberian-world-update-announced-for-msfs-along-with-new-airplanes-and-many-simulation-improvements/

sadly you need to read all the related posts within a thread here, otherwise you seem to have missed the point.

1 Like

Yep, youā€™re probably right.

Apologies.

Iā€™m still really excited about this update!

1 Like

Do you guys have any guesses or knowledge as to which handcrafted airports and photogrammetry towns will be included in World Update 8 Iberia ?

3 Likes

Letā€™s hope they test things thoroughly this time. Both LatinVR and TBD scenery have landmark add-ons with their payware airports for Madrid, Barcelona and Coruna.

1 Like

I was wondering the same things myself. Hope they can improve on the Balearics and Canaries along with Madiera.

I canā€™t remember which cities and airports are already in the sim offhand, though I do have a few freeware photo addons and airports covering Spain that I may not need any more.

It would be nice if Asobo could let us know their intentions, but then it would spoil the surprise on the 26th I suppose. I would also be interested to know what level of DEM they are intending.

I am greatly looking forward to this one.

1 Like

Spain and Portugal mainland, ie Iberian Peninsula, are already pretty good on imagery, they will most likely focus on the med and atlantic dependencies.

BTW, the latest dev update snapshot last week reads WU8 will be out March 22nd, I suppose.

I also knew from the previous Q&A vids that the new handcrafted airports are to be made by Gaya, which is very good news indeed. I havenā€™t a clue which airports, tho.

1 Like

There are a number of important airports missing this should be a priority before handcrafted airports.

Malaga airport at last?

3 Likes

Photogrammetry for Gibraltar would be nice, it looks a complete mess right now.

5 Likes

Will be looking for the Azores to be updated :crossed_fingers:

Everyone wants islands but previous updates have been a mixed bag when it comes to islands. Usually they focus on the mainland of wherever they are updating. Unless it is an island nation.

Hereā€™s hoping.

Perhaps an update of photogrammetry area to extend it in Madrid would be great. Right now, only inner part of M30 ring road features photogrammetric 3D (it matches the original Bing Maps 3D extension for Madrid).

Itā€™s a shame, because Madrid is one of the cities in Europe where the main airport is closer to the city center, and the approaches are flight over standard self-generated buildings.

In France update, Paris was provided with a very large extension of photogrammetry, even in outlying neighborhoods.

Same tip for Barcelona, of course.

5 Likes

Lets hope LEMG, LEBL and LEPA will be handcrafted

6 Likes

Hopefully there will be a new Spotlight Event