Worse Performance - SU7 - FPS

There have been issues reported with that driver version. I do not know if that is the cause but please check:

1 Like

This particular user may be experiencing issues due to the Nvidia driver update, but I believe many people in this thread (including myself) are not being affected by a GPU issue and instead something in the latest sim update has caused a CPU mainthread issue, which is why we’re noticing the low FPS and large micro stutter spikes

3 Likes

Same issue with me, GPU is fine, It’s the CPU mainthread problem.

2 Likes

If you look at the images I posted, you’ll see that when it’s running as expected, it GPU limited. When it starts running at less than 2FPS, all of a sudden it’s CPU main thread, and it’s BAD…

Regardless, I’ll try a different nvidia driver and report back.

I rolled back my nvidia driver to 456.71 and am still experiencing the same thing. Good frame rates until I’m off the ground for 5-10 seconds, then less than 2FPS. The older driver also gave me slightly lower frame rates than my previous test runs in area’s such as the menu, taxi, and runway.

At this point, I’d say for me at least, the nvidia driver is not the culprit.

The problem is Update 7…

5 Likes

Voted absolutely terrible on my end sitting at some airports.I understand my 2060super is a bit dated but now but the sim was running well with SU5. My gpu literally goes into idle state.

2 Likes

I’ve got a 5900X and a 3080Ti and I’m getting considerably worse performance in SU7 due to the CPU mainthread limit, so it’s not your hardware at fault, Asobo have done something that has borked something, it would be nice to at least have someone acknowledge they’re looking into this problem.

5 Likes

I also see worse performance after SU7. GPU usage is now 50 - 60%. Prior to the update my GPU usage (3090) could be 90-99% for a whole flight. Probably not ideal, but I was able to use utilize the full potential og my GPU. It’s not real bad like others in this thread report (I feel with you), but definitely worse.

2 Likes

The Cpu bottleneck is noticeable since SU7.

Someones says is windows thing, maybe there is a W10 update that broke something.

1 Like

Thanks, I think this possibly resolved my issue by turning HAGS off!!! Just testing now but seems better already!! Thank you.

1 Like

SU7 got me good fps and performance!!

I don’t believe it is a Windows issue, but instead a game issue.

And yes, disabling HAGS with Nvidia GPU’s will help, but the issue is present on AMD and Nvidia systems, even with HAGS disabled.

1 Like

What is HAGS?

Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling

I did one simple thing and got rid of the stutters. I changed my desktop background from a photo to one of the standard solid Windows background and voila…no more stutters.

does it works? amazed

To those who say turning off HAGS is the solution. I never have HAGS turned on and the performance drop is still there for me. It’s a main thread CPU issue not a GPU issue for many people.

1 Like

Sim Pilots since SU7 performance problem

8 Likes

Yes the performance improvement that came with SU5 is pretty much completely gone now

4 Likes