Worse Performance - SU7 - FPS

does it works? amazed

To those who say turning off HAGS is the solution. I never have HAGS turned on and the performance drop is still there for me. It’s a main thread CPU issue not a GPU issue for many people.

1 Like

Sim Pilots since SU7 performance problem

8 Likes

Yes the performance improvement that came with SU5 is pretty much completely gone now

4 Likes

I’m noticing this especially during approach/landing on flights of 30 mins or more. None of the settings in the sim seem to resolve the issue. If I go and reload the same aircraft at the same location I have good performance again. Very bizarre. Anybody notice any positive changes with the SU7 hot fix beta?

1 Like

I have seen this to. Once I reloaded everything is fine. Looks like a bug.

Can anyone say if this issue is fixed on the hot fix which is being publically tested? Thanks!

I still have a huge performance degradation with longer flights. This won’t fully recover until i restart the sim.

Initial performance is great.

3080 Ti
32 GB RAM

:thinking::thinking: Sounds too easy! I think it’s a placebo.

No, I still have a cpu bottleneck over major airports when I use more than 100 in LOD (before SU7 my LOD settings was 200). :cry:

1 Like

No. I’m running on beta and still gpu usage 60% or less. With ryzen 5600x and rtx 3070. Before su7 gpu usage was always 99-100%

1 Like

Ive never had an issue running the sim till now and ive had it since day 1. here are my specs

|Processor|Intel(R) Core™ i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz|
|Installed RAM|64.0 GB|
AMD 5700XT

I dont understand…

1 Like

It’s like it’s back to pre-SU5 performance all over again. My performance is the worst after that last update, it’s lagging, stuttering and can’t barely keep it stable and above 20fps in a i7 10700K/RTX 3070 machine. I had around 50-55fps before this last update when flying with the FBW A32X.

1 Like

Massive stuttering problems after SU7. Then re-installed MSFS from scratch but did not help. Finally set up Windows 11 again (complete reinstallation of system, new partitioning of SSD), reinstallation of MSFS and now all works fine. Except my Saitek/Logitech Panels so I had to switch from the Logitech Plugin (which seems to be outdated, urgently requires an update for Windows11), to SpadNext. Now desperately waiting for the next update, so problems can reoccur! :joy:

I don’t mean to hijack this thread, but have they fixed the audio popping/crackling in Windows 11? That was what made me go back to Windows 10. It seemed to be a common problem but nothing I did fixed it.

1 Like

I have the same cpu except an rtx2060super and average around 40fps on the ground with the a3nx running a 1440p ultrawide monitor. What has helped me is reducing terrain LOD below 200 and turning AI traffic off.
Its looking like SU7 I can no longer run traffic along with LOD@200

1 Like

The feels, man. :heart:

I have the same issue. After SU7 there is a significant drop in performance. Previously the sim was very smooth at 40-50 fps flying over downtown Toronto. Now with the default planes I am getting 20 ish fps with lots of stutters.

On a side note, some of the stuff that was missed is concerning. Such as the sim settings resetting every single time I load the sim. Not to get off topic but how in the world was this bug missed.

I hope the team for the next few updates focuses on the core platform rather than world/content updates. Based on what Jorg has mentioned in the past I feel that the team is aware of this.

As an aspiring content creator these updates and instability issues drive us nuts lol.

3 Likes

ok this worked for me @f14billy suggested in another post.

“I updated my findings in this thread. Basically after further testing I found out that uninstalling the whole WUs package isn’t necessary to get the FPS improvements. Only the 3d photogrammetry cities parts need to be deleted. Airports, points of interest, procedural buildings and bush trips etc have no effect in performance. The interesting part is that those objects are only a few hundred kilobytes in size they can be easily uninstalled and reinstalled for testing.”

It worked 100000 times better when I did this. Im now going to try reinstalling all of them instead of the GOTY - 3d photogrammetry (since it was installed with update 7) and see how it works. will report back

1 Like

Im still good with all the others installed. I only removed the GOTY 3D Photogrammetry one and my stellar performance is back!

2 Likes