Worse Performance - SU7 - FPS

Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling.

2 Likes

I have a 3090 and it’s still worse performance for me- had to downgrade some settings. Still a WIP.

2 Likes

I have a 3080 and a 3800X Ryzen. My GPU usage is not above 40% and my CPU usage around 25%. Does anyone else have the same behaviour? I think before the new update my GPU was at 100%

On high settings I get not more than 30 fps, 3440x1440 resolution.

5 Likes

Very poor performance in VR compared to SU6 (DX11). Toolbar not working in VR. AMD5600x RTX3070.

3 Likes

O tried change the graphic option Terrain pre-cache to ultra. Same to terrain vector data. Its better now, not good enough, but better.

I have poor performance at airports, lost about 10 fps.

4 Likes

Thanks for clarifying!

I believe the culprit is definately if the airport is surrounded by photogrammetry. Non photogrammetry airports (Vancouver, Toronto where the airport is a distance from the photogrammetry city centre, things are about the same as pre SU7. But if you go to say JFK, or KPHX, I’ve noticed almost a 20 fps drop sitting at the gate. It’s really awful. Mainthread is just getting hammered. Lowering Terrain LOD helps a bit but not much.I realize this picture is not exactly the same (weather, different time of day), but it is the exact same settings from SU6 vs SU7.

1 Like

It hapened to me exactly the same (I basically did the same testing :slight_smile: ). but the issues is particularly worst in KJFK than in other areas.

I applied your workaround and really worked, sadly.

During my testing today, I did a flight from MMMX to KJFK at 2560x1440 an eveything was working fine until on final approach. fps went from 40 to basically 6-10 fps. I did reduce in that moment to 1920x1080 and was able to reach arpound 25-28 fps which made it possible to land. What is curios is that fater at the parking ending up in average 27 fps, I reload the scenary in the same parking in KJFK, and got around 37 fps, which seems to indicate that in long flights again it seems the reduction of fps are happening again (all this with photogrammetry on)

Now that I have turned off, I will try it again to see what happens.

Thanks @Shelihan

1 Like

We can vote guys thanks . The perfomance is bad in this update 7

1 Like

An update has degraded performance. I am experiencing a very serious performance decline.

• 10-15 FPS reduction
  • The simulator is stuttering.

You can’t enjoy flying … Photogeometric cities have the biggest power drop. You can’t fly at low altitudes because the simulator is stuttering …

I’m flying over the same cities. Before upgrading I got a very good FPS value of 30-37 Fps, there was no stuttering.

It’s tragic now …

System Specs:

Windows 10 64bit
Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz
ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E Gaming
Samsung 500GB SSD 860 EVO
Corsair Vengeance LPX Red DDR-4 16GB/3000 KIT /
Gainward GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Phoenix 11GB GDDR5X

7 Likes

Totaly correct 1+

1 Like

In KHHR airport (near L.A.) with photogrammetry ON, on the ground… low GPU usage and low fps:

2 Likes

In KHHR airport (near L.A.) with photogrammetry ON, in air, high… high GPU usage and good fps:

In KHHR airport (near L.A.) with photogrammetry OFF, on the ground… high GPU usage and good fps:

In KHHR airport (near L.A.) with photogrammetry ON, near the ground (above 400fts) … GPU usage decrease and fps decrease:

So… I think there is an issue with the GPU usage as we are near the ground.
The GPU usage decrease when approaching the ground

Having this issue as well.

1 Like

I tried with the previous version of Nvidia driver, but it’s not that !
Same issue, same bad perf on ground and low GPU usage

1 Like

On Xbox series x after su7 worst performance, sound freezing , and sim crashed.

1 Like

Live Weather take a lot of performance for me at airports, especial if the new low clouds are present.

1 Like

Nope.

FPS test: MSFS 1.20.6.0 vs 1.21.13.0_DX11 vs 1.21.13.0_DX12

i9 9900KF, RTX 3080, 32GB ram @3200

3 Likes