Worse Performance - SU7 - FPS

This is the worst update for me so far. Incredibly bad performance on a high end rig (5900x, RTX 3080, 32gb ram). I am always limited by mainthread now. GPU utilisation never goes above 70%. In SU6 I could easily do 400LOD at a smooth locked 30fps at 4k ultra with 100% gpu utilisation. Now it’s a fiasco. Asobo what have you done ???

4 Likes

Brake the game…but ey…you can play Reno Races…it is an update

5 Likes

Same here! Worked fine at Ultra Settings and 60fps through last 2 updates, now jerky and unflyable even with settings lowered to 30fps and High from Ultra. Bad Update… are these things even tested before issue??

5 Likes

Where are you flying? Because the performance issues it is only happen to me, in the USA, rest of the world I have no performance impact

I get serious performance degradation flying around the UK

5 Likes

Mine seems to happen in Europe at certain spots, soon as I hit the areas it drops, I have to turn lod down to 10, then it’s flyable again. Once past the areas I can turn in back to 200. I don’t have photogrammetry on as buildings look like an apocalypse for me! Haha

Happens in Oceania too.

I have a series X and it’s pretty bad it terms of FPS issues and stuttering so idk think it’s been optimized for Xbox if that is what you’re implying

Question…why in the user.cfg files, no more terrain and object LOD factors at 4.00 if the in game is set that way? Maybe that’s a bug causing some of this? The numbers are totally different now

Same here.
Performance dropped a lot with SU7.
CPU load is much higher than before.

2 Likes

has anyone got acknowledgement from Microsoft or Asobo on whether they confirm this to be an issue yet? it seems pretty widespread but i’ve not seen any confirmation from them

2 Likes

That perfomance… i have 18-23 fps un big airports when i had 30stable and blocked In Update6

I haven’t seen any achknowledgement tbh. Then again I’ve just been battling constant CTD’s for two days caused by the latest Nvidia driver, so the performance has been down my list of issues haha, will it ever end?!

Same on my end and it is nothing like SU5.Bad performance when taking off and landing on my end.ALlso experiencing Main thread limitations at some big payware airports with just 200LOD ! Should not be the case running an i7 10700k to 5ghz on 1440p ultrawide!

2 Likes

Doing a livestream flight and it is just bad…i don’t want to end it because i already started but it’s cringy. It just lags while doing everything. Was worst on the ground but even in the air it’s annoying.

2 Likes

It seems like we’ve been here so many time before,
I hope and pray that SU8 will finally be a proper fixing, patching of the sim. No new content just a solid update which fixes the problems which have been present from not only SU7 but the start.
I’ve experienced increased load on my main thread since SU7 causing FPS degradation

2 Likes

same here, limited by CPU main thread was never a problem before SU7 with my hardware

4 Likes

I found the latest version of flybywires a320NX definitely improved things for me for all you flybywire fans and also turning off photogrammetry when degradation begins and then turning it back on again (after resuming first then going back in the menu to change it back on again) works. But performance is no where near as good as it was a few updates previous

1 Like

Yes , same problem

Same for me Cpu lost the perfomance .

2 Likes