Worst installation. 787 pilot vs FS2020

To precede… If a tech-savvy airline pilot can’t make you’re product work, how do you expect your product to work for your larger market?

I’ve been involved in FS since C64 and Amiga computing days of the 90’s, Since then I flew 737’s and 787’s commercially for years. Whilst P3D was my late sim of choice for procedural training, I kept eager eyes on this release, and well…

I’m so disappointed. From downloading to actually trying to fly.

In the last 24 hours since release:

• The installation process came up with errors and no support available. I had to download the Xbox beta installer to actually install FS2020.
  • The sim has repeatedly crashed (frozen) within a few minutes of loading even though my computer is well within spec. Sometimes it will work. Mostly not.
  • No possibility of passing this information back to the developers has been possible. Restart computer and try again. Do you accept snail mail as your email doesn’t work. .
  • There’s been so many bugs. Erratic joystick entries, horrible framerates on an off the shelf high performance computer, and no ability to pass feedback besides request a refund for my purchase?

This should be an optimised product! Though it seems as flaky as 25 years ago.

My more concerning observation is your lack of support to your customers. Message me, as I’m more than happy to discuss in detail.

3 Likes

I guess you’re only as old as you feel. You’re off about a decade there :smile:

Kidding aside, there have definitely been some bumps here but I’m sure things will iron out. Have you tried reporting your play-preventing issues in Zendesk? That category is different than just bug reports and does seem to get some direct response.

2 Likes

I think it should have released in 6 months or so given all the bugs.

2 Likes

My more concerning observation is your lack of support to your customers. Message me, as I’m more than happy to discuss in detail.

If you are looking for feedback from MS/Asobo then these forums are not the right place. You should open a ticket through Zendesk, that is their support contact process. It sounds like they are responding to tickets being opened.

These forums are for the “community”. You should expect little to no direct response from the developers here, it’s for other players to discuss and help with things.

I can understand your frustration, while I didn’t have any install issues or experience a single crash, I can relate to your feelings, you feel as though you’ve been taken advantage of when you purchase something and it doesn’t work. I hope you are able to open a support ticket and get it resolved.

2 Likes

I’ve seen nothing from the developers to indicate any ill will. I am confident they will be able to get your issues resolved and they are prepared to respond to support tickets.

1 Like

It was unrealistic to expect responses when there were far less customers. Most tickets don’t receive a response. It’s also unrealistic to expect hundreds of thousands of customers to spend time filling out tickets for an online support system like zendesk.

There’s got to be a better way than the community constantly being told to sit tight and wait for improvements that may or may not come. MSFS is a product/service that everyone must pay for.

It’d be far better if there was a press release with a timeline commitment to fixes and patches. The development roadmap is inadequate. Patches are needed in days or weeks at max.

Where do you do that ?

This title is developed and published by Microsoft, it will have adequate support. Everything will be okay.

scroll to the top of this page and click “Zendesk”

Could be worse, your batteries could have exploded! You’d think a 787 pilot would understand the problems of new products :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was unrealistic to expect responses when there were far less customers. Most tickets don’t receive a response. It’s also unrealistic to expect hundreds of thousands of customers to spend time filling out tickets for an online support system like zendesk.

It is more unrealistic to expect responses on these forums, where it is just a fire hose of information. Also, I don’t think you can compare the alpha/beta ticket process to release. That is their official support channel, they should have a pretty good process in place to address tickets.

There’s got to be a better way than the community constantly being told to sit tight and wait for improvements that may or may not come. MSFS is a product/service that everyone must pay for.

I totally agree. My point was just that if you are posting here *expecting* a response from MS/Asobo, then you need to reset your expectations. They are likely here reading the forums and taking in information, but they simply can’t respond here in an organized manner. It just doesn’t scale.

Once they respond to one thread here, it opens up so many more problems. Why wasn’t my thread responded to? Are they even trying to help? They aren’t supporting us! ETC ETC

It’d be far better if there was a press release with a timeline commitment to fixes and patches. The development roadmap is inadequate. Patches are needed in days or weeks at max.

Yeah, communication is the key. Let’s hope we get something like that going forward.

1 Like

@Carbo787, thanks for posting your observations. Wanted to add a couple things and point out a few that are easy to miss.

The News and Announcements section is a good spot for official communications from Moderators and Community Managers.

One of the posts in there has information on the official bug collecting database, ZenDesk. A link to this is on the top header for all pages. This is by far the best way to submit bugs. If you do not get a response, that doesn’t mean it is being ignored.

Another post there provides a link to known issues. This isn’t a 100% comprehensive collection, but it is a start.

And the last place for users to help each other is in the self service, bugs and issues category. If you sort by number of replies, you will see the most popular issues.

And the moderator team is also working behind the scenes to assist. Report back here with specific major issues and we will try to help work through them.

1 Like

Thanks for info to contact support via Zendesk. I’ll give it a go.

1 Like