Would it be possible to print Bush Trip Navlogs?

I return to a subject already touched upon. Documentation coming with the Bust Trips is usually bad to none. I would like to prepare in advance of the flight, either look up the radials/times or read up upon POIs.

At present, there is no way to print the Navlogs which contain all the information. (I don’t consider OneNote as mentioned in the thread above a solution.) As far as I see all data are in ASCII .flt files.

Would there be a clever programmer out to provide a tool for converting the info (preferred including the pictures) into a printable pdf file?

2 Likes

I like the idea of doing that with an external tool rather than adding the functionality to the sim.

During the Yosemite bush trip I read the whole navlog before takeoff and tried to match the descriptions to SkyVector.

It was complicated by at least one incorrect instruction (iirc said NE instead of NW)

1 Like

Nav log extracts for the official bush trips » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Hopefully this will help.

3 Likes

While I was rather looking for a program to do it for any Bush Trips myself (including the several Payware Bush Trips which I bought), this is certainly of help and I acknowledge the link. Just dowloaded the docs and will take them as a reference for exploring Australia.

Nice work @antzdeman! Could be worth a thread in Product Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums (but note sticky thread first)

This was definitely one of the errors I remember noting:

(3) SILVER SPRINGS AIRPORT (KSPZ), heading 346° for 6.6 nm
It's a straight northeast shot from here. When you see the Lahontan Reservoir on your right break off from the road and head north, start preparing to land. Silver Springs Airport will be within eyeshot, awaiting your arrival.

At the time of writing the bush trips are still buggy (albeit better than they were). When finishing a leg don’t immediately exit, continue to the next leg. Once on the runway wait a few seconds and then exit.

Oh that is interesting… the only issues I had on bush trips were navigation and fuel (bind “repair and refuel” key).

I guess I avoided a bug because I taxi clear of the active runway before stopping

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.