WOW! Just simply WOW!

@MrTonySM What is your OXR and in-game render resolution set to?

As much as I LOVE flying in VR, I’m awe struck with my new 4K monitor. Loving the amazing detail. Just sit there and stare at the passing scenery…

Render resolution is native and left at 100% render scale. Everything in oxr default. Tried reprojection at 90hz. The cockpit stayed super smooth but the ground had a chop to it until around 3000 feet. Turned it back off.

If you are feeling a bit sick, you are probably not getting the best framerate. I’ve got a Kingpin 3090 and find that going down to a 70%ss in openXR makes things much smoother and less of a headache.

Flip on the OpenXR overlay and see what framerate you are getting

1 Like

Next you need a NLR V3 Motion platform. In VR it’s the icing on the cake! Got mine a few weeks back. Lovin’ it.

1 Like

I’m still fighting a stuttering problem I have when I move my head a bit to the side, up or down. If I’m perfectly still, the dash is nice and clear. But if I move my head a bit, I get small stuttering. I’m assuming it’s because of my wimpy (RX-590) video card. :slight_smile:

One thing for certain, I’m not going to buy a $1500-$2000 video card “dongle” JUST to have FS 2020 run smoothly in VR.

1 Like

Just to understand you right. You are running all on ultra and you have super smooth rendering?? Can’t believe that. I have a high end machine but I never could run on 90 HZ and all ultra! What’s your specs?

Greets
Andre

1 Like

i was previously an Oculus Rift CV1 user but upgraded to the HP Reverb G2. I must say the clarity is GREAT … BUT it’s also in a very small area and you need to move your head to look at whatever you want to see in focus. Forget about periphery vision, it doesn’t exist in the G2. Mind you when I had the Rift, I had a consistent level of focus across the whole field of view. The screen door effect was the only factor but to be honest, it didn’t worry me. In fact, I was so impressed with the CV1, I put off getting the G2 for quite a while.

I still have the Rift (packed away) as I’m not sure if I won’t return to using it.

1 Like

I’m not sure how that’s possible to be honest, especially due to the current technical limitations (single core) and known performance issues. Would you mind taking a screenshot of the developer mode FPS display for me?

1 Like

I’ve just tested this with a 16 Core CPU, 64GB of RAM (3800), RTX3090 and an NVME. Quite frankly I feel sick, the stutter and shuddering is horrendous. If you can provide us with more detailed information and screenshots of your OXR, FS2020 & NVIDIA control panel settings it may help others.

1 Like

Getting s real pilot license?

My Oculus Quest 2 is finally getting amazing results! After months of conflicting updates, it’s now smooth and crispy-clear.
The more smoother and clearer it is, the more immersive and real it seems. Still get a rush but no longer vertigo. It’s helped my fear of heights immensely lol!
When you make a turn and that sunlight sweeps across the glare shield and through the prop…Wow!!
(i7 10700k, rtx3080, 32g)

1 Like

9900k 64gb sdram. 3090, 2 samsung nvme 1tb each.

EDIT: I have a Gigabyte z390 Auros Xtreme Mobo, it has USB-C ports that double as Thunderbolt 3. I am using a USB-C port for the G2, not the adapter and USB-3.X

I don’t mind doing that at all. When I get into it this evening I will

EDIT: How do I screen capture in VR. hotkeys not working. I can tell you this my GPU is being absolutely punished. 27FPS gpu limiting 36ms latency Solid red gpu bar and top bar. If i turn clouds to high and AFx8 it holds 30fps and the latency is much better in high twenties solid yellow bar for gpu and combined. I don’t see any black bars indicating a stutter.

1 Like

Is there obvious physical damage to the headset or could it be that a connection might have become displaced, for example?

Do HP offer any repair services?

Hi HawkMoth9135

Thanks for asking - No evidence of physical damage so yes - could be a connection somewhere. I did completely disconnect and reconnect the unit but with no effect. I think I’ve been able to track down a replacement headset at a reasonable price though. Hopefully that will get me back in the virtual world very soon! Couldn’t find much useful regarding repair form HP … I suspect that if these units (and presumably some key component or other) are in such short supply, repair is likely to be a time-consuming and expensive option … if it’s viable at all.

I have really surprised myself just how much I miss VR flying!

1 Like

100% Love this i feel the same mate to many people going on the negatives on this have the Quest 2 and its just as good might switch to the G2 soon as dont really want a FB account anymore only reason considering the move.

1 Like

Great to hear!!! Happy you got over that, still a hurdle for me. Haven’t had time for another flight since I first tried the headset. Totally Wow!!!

1 Like

Not a lot of people could believe I was getting smooth 2D in full ultra, 130% renderscale and higher with LODS from 7.00 right to the full 9.0… Until I posted videos. Here’s a Terrain LOD 7.00 Objects LOD 4.00. I’ll get around to screen shots n stuff in VR soon enough Microsoft Flight Simulator Full Ultra, Ultrawide 4k. Toronto, Terrain LOD 7, Object LOD 4, RTX 3090 - YouTube

Not all systems are built… equal. A lot of people might very well have 5ghz and better OC, I have a very high Uncore OC as well. It’s akin to an oldschool Northbridge OC. This affects memory, sata, caches I do believe and is a proven factor in simulators to minimize those 1% Lows in FPS averages

Do you feel the runway? Yes, of course! It is so much more immersive (…poor abused word) in VR.

VR is the most impressive thing to me for decades. Its doubtless the future of gaming.

Ready Player One!

1 Like