Wow. Very disappointed

I am not having any of the performance issues folks are talking about. Im using a AMD RYZEN 9 3900X 12-Core 3.8 GHz, 64 gb ram, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 Super GAMING OC 3X 8G Graphics Card, 3 x WINDFORCE Fans, 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6, GV-N207SGAMING OC-8GD Video Card windows 10 pro with a 2 tb western digital blue ssd. The game itself displays beautifully. The plane systems and the interface, not so good. Yesterday i tried out the 787…Disappointed use of the autopilot to get to assigned altitudes is almost impossible and when i use the copilot assistant, the plane banks and begins a steep decent that i cant recover from. Atc seems to be working better than on launch day. This feels more like a beta 2 game than a new release. The sim feels and reacts like it was a rushed and unfinished game. I am very very disappointed. I am not giving up on it yet but if the devs dont do something soon i know i have my trusty FSX ready to go.

2 Likes

Maybe starting to learn how to use an AP properly might be a good start.
There are tons of tuts over youtube about that.

3 Likes

Sorry, man, gotta call this user issue… I’m flying the 787 with ZERO autopilot or ILS issues.

7 Likes

agreed. this is a complex aircraft.

try the fsx default plane…
fs2020 default plane is great when compare to that,accurate outlook,decent cockpit representation…
I never have any expectation on default plane,but fs2020 defaults are decent.
Just need to polish the flight model a bit,every plane climb like rocket.

Sounds like someone needs to watch some Youtube tutorials to learn how to actually use the systems on the 787, because surprise surprise, the thing is actually hard to use both in the sim and IRL.

2 Likes

Zero?

If I climb out in VNAV mode with a restriction altitude in the MCP I find that it will blow right past it on its way to cruise.

Try to master a plane without AP so you can react better when one of your systems is malfunctioning!

1 Like

I’ll edit it from ZERO to just a few… I’ve flown several legs with ILS approaches and almost no issues.

1 Like

When i flew the 787 few times on the day of the launch the AP was great and ive never flown a 787 in any sim prior to this. I stopped flying the 787 because im waiting on liveries. When i saw the a320 with many liveries thanks to the community i began flying it around also not experiencing any AP issues as others have experienced or when i experienced during alpha and closed beta. This tells me users are not knowing how to operate these aircrafts

So many “I’m disappointed” threads. Not enough “kudos to the developers”. How many times do they need to say, “this is just the beginning”? This sim is dang good out of the box. Are there some bugs, ofcourse there is. Are there alot of user errors, you bet. Everyone should learn how to fly their aircrafts without computers first. They are their to assist the pilot, not be the pilot. Report the “bugs” if after tutorials, practice and community support don’t help. Some of us are here to actually find useful info, and these “I’m disappointed” posts aren’t them.

1 Like