Wow! What A Nice Sim Rig

This guy really has a nice set-up.
(Mods if there is already a thread about our rigs, please feel free to move my post).

11 Likes

That is totally nuts! It’s like he’s really looking out and pointing at stuff like even he’s convinced it’s real haha.

Even has 2 yokes interconnected / with mirrored movements. How?!

Shame he’s limited to flying a boring tubeliner with all that investment. So he just needs to sit there for 95% of the time surrounded by all that. Each to their own I guess.

I really wanted to see a picture of it from outside to see what it really looks like. Is there that anywhere?

8 Likes

I can’t even imagine what that would cost… :eyes:
I’d rather have a GA plane cockpit myself.

3 Likes

I like that he has no shoes on. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

I didn’t notice… Flying in comfort I guess. :rofl:

3 Likes

Holy smokes!

2 Likes

I’m envious!

1 Like

I guess a used GA plane is less expensive than that cockpit …

2 Likes

Personal Comments and Observations

But you can fly that rig anytime you want, no matter the cost of Jet-A, no matter your Med Cert or Insurance Coverage. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Wow, sickest setup, at least if you prefer tubeliners. I love how happy he is about the graphics and smoothness!

2 Likes

it’s still not the same …
Crossing the Alps in C172, flying to Venezia Lido just to have stroll through the city and an ice cream on the beach … no simulator can give you that.

2 Likes

Most of us will never get that experience, so why not maximize what we have? Just a thought. I’ll never be able to afford my own plane, or the insurance. I’d love to have a GA rig of that quality in my garage.

9 Likes

But how does he get that performance in 4K on seven screens, no matter the instruments, readouts etc? I can’t get it that good on 2 screens at 2K.
What’s his specs? What CPU/GPU?

1 Like

Considering the money he is spending on this setup, I think it’s pretty safe to assume a 4090 and 7xxx 3D, or top of the line Intel.

1 Like

Exactly. And if I’m not mistaking, I thought he said he was doing all that on one PC. :eyes:

1 Like

I have a 4090 and a 7590X3D and still can’t get it stutter free on a 5180x1440 screen no matter whether I’m GPU or msin thread limited

1 Like

< runs off to write Beach Ice Cream Simulator 2024 >

Just when you think every idea has been done to death already, proof that some creative originality is still left if you scrape the bottom of the barrel hard enough :beach_umbrella: :palm_tree: :icecream:

4 Likes

Fair enough, but I doubt he’s running worse!

1 Like

Wishlist topic when? :laughing:

They have! I’d love a home cockpit like this for the DC-6!

2 Likes

Incredible! I would love to have a setup like that or a DC-3 perhaps.

1 Like