Wrong altimeter?

I noticed lately that just after take off (with several airports) - the newer Cesna business jet (forgot the name) - shows the wrong altitude.

Both the altimeter and ATC seem to think I’m around 7000m off the ground when I only should be around 1-2,000.

• Pick any airport (I had this happen in South Africa (Johannesburg Intl) but also other areas
  • Use the AI control to take off
  • Notice the ATC announcement shortly after take off and check your altimeter.

Did you manually reset it when you first spawn into the aircraft?

No - how do I do that?

Default is by pressing “b”

I remember that from the previous flight simulator - but never had any issues before with not resetting the altimeter in FS2020 - but thanks - I’ll experiment around with this. :slight_smile:

An altimeter is nothing else than the barometer you have at home (even if it’s a little bit more sophisticated). And as a barometer it do the job of changing indications following atmospheric pressure. But the runway doesn’t change it’s altitude as it rains or it’s sunny, so you have to reset indicator to show the real altitude of the runway. (It’s a very simplificated explanation, but easy to understand).
You do this before take off by adjusting the knob on the altimeter, or by pressing the D key.
EDIT: NOT the D key but B like barometer, sorry

The B key…

Exact , B key, sorry :pleading_face:

1 Like

I’m not sure it’s working. B key doesn’t give me any visual indication that it worked and neither does the Y key for entering slew mode.

I reset my default keyboard settings as well to no avail.

The only way to notice would be that your altitude indicator will move/adjust and if you look for your barometer setting it would show a different number once you pressed B

Altimeter shows your elevation ASL, not AGL. There’s no issue here - that’s just how it works.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.