Wrong temperatures

Must admit one thing FS2020 is good for, that is boosting sales of xplane 11. lol joking

tbf i would rather fly xplane than this broken pile of … right now

2 Likes

DNAA-DNPO
surface Temp of 26C remains the same all the way up FL240 then Increases to 29C. Altimeter under reading even with correct QNH set. ATC constantly Nagging to climb to FL240.

Broken temps again, please fix!!!

1 Like

when i saw the hotfix size was 214kb i knew nothing would change lol

1 Like

Plane is struggling at FL350

1 Like

Not really a workaround but the following worked for me. I switched from “Live Weather” to “Clear Skies” for ~10 minutes, then back. It picked up the right conditions at FL440 but my altitude is now 300ft off. So FL440 is 44.300 feet…

I’m with you, Please let AS have at it. It’s madness that it’s still broken

3 Likes

Definitely still broken. Doing a flight from CPH to PMI right now with the FBW 32N and it happened once during climb, solved itself and came back again during cruise, and just now it solved itself after maybe 5-10 minutes. So it’s happening in intervals.

3 Likes

Still the same problem after hotfix today

2 Likes

To me this sounds like the cloud part of the game is still updating / being hotfixed. From the timing I had a similar experience.

Scroll 4 posts up ^^

1 Like

I think this is enough to show that asobo is not capable of maintaining a live weather that actually works
and im here in favour of making the system open to third party, together we can

2 Likes

As others have said, long overdue time to let HiFi Technologies take over. They would have created an amazing weather add-on by now, meanwhile the product is currently completely unplayable for simmers.

IANAL but it seems anti-competitive and discriminatory to allow other 3rd parties to develop on the platform but not HiFi. They are losing business by being locked out. Meanwhile Asobo is unable to deliver a satisfactory product to customers almost 1 year later.

3 Likes

Same here, wasn’t this an item to be fixed?

4 Likes

Mine is still broken as well first flight a thought o well they fixed now on my secound FL 17 +55. I really hope Rex Sky Force will get their fix out ASAP. ASBO LIVE WEATHER IS STILL BROKEN.

3 Likes

In clear sky preset, the temperatures are based on the ISA standard lapse rate where ISA temperature at sea level is 15C, and the temperature decreases 1.98 C for each 1000 feet above sea level. Real world temperatures rarely match ISA. In summer in the northern hemisphere, temperatures aloft tend to be well above ISA. A temperature of -3C at 15,000 feet would be perfectly reasonable at this time of year.

1 Like

still broken for me…

4 Likes

Still broken after the hotfix. This is a joke.

6 Likes

I see reports that this wasn’t fixed as intended today. Sending to the devs to investigate.

24 Likes