Wrong temperatures

This started happening before the SU5 update. Leads me to believe it’s something to do with the servers providing the live weather.

5 Likes

@Jummivana The problem is not, and never has been a problem in SU5 itself. The extreme high temperatures aloft started happening 6 days before SU5 was released. It was affecting ->SU4<-

This clearly and unambiguously shows that the high temperature problem is being caused by an error in the Live Weather server itself. Either MeteoBlue is exporting corrupt temperature data (highly unlikely), or the MeteoBlue model data is being corrupted in the process of importing/parsing it into the Azure servers for streaming to end-users.

5 Likes

Yes! I wonder if the issue is the provider, that happened for me first a week before SU5

2 Likes

Can keep us updated on what they say please Jayne? cheers

3 Likes

Yep, still broken. Cruising at 26,000 and temperature is 31C.

1 Like

Hello, i was flying at FL380 and the temperature increase over to +50°C after today’s hotfix. I thought this was fixed today.
And when i opened the xbox menu to take the screenshot the game crashed.

1 Like

Samething happening here too.

2 Likes

Time to change the Hotfix release notes

13 Likes

:pensive:

And not absurd, but kicking in suddenly.
So, NOTHING is fixed, yes

3 Likes

currently flying at FL250 with 27C OAT
2021-07-30 13_45_06-Microsoft Flight Simulator - 1.18.14.0

And I too was seeing this well before SU5

2 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

+1 Yep temps are still bugged.

1 Like

I wonder who is at fault, asobo or meteoblue, because, the problem started happening BEFORE update (Before SU5)

3 Likes

Meteoblue is absolutely fine

But them, how it broke without any update from asobo?

Great. Now they’re just lying about bug fixes that didn’t happen. Has anyone from asobo ever heard of a word called “testing”?

3 Likes

I don’t think the weather model that MeteoBlue provides for MSFS is used directly. I’m pretty sure that the model data has to be parsed/converted/processed into a form that can be used in the sim itself, and that processing is probably done at the Azure end.

I don’t know this is how it works, but it is logical, as MeteoBlue is in the weather business, not the flight simulator business, and their NEMS30 global weather model is used by many other clients besides Microsoft.

1 Like

Please, don’t do that. We’re all frustrated. But don’t characterize them like that.

7 Likes

I wonder what is causing this bug. Does anyone have any hypotheses’?

1 Like

There has been many an occurrence of a fix working in test but not in production. It happens literally all of the time. Don’t accuse them of lying without sufficient evidence to back it up.

1 Like