Wrong temperatures

It’s not fixed, it just doesn’t happen everywhere

3 Likes

Have all the other fixes been reverted too?

The crashes on World Map and Fly are still happening to many people, for instance.

1 Like

my temps and winds were good 2 hour flight

This might be more of a server side issue I think. Also just did a 2hr flight earlier with no temp issues.

Come on…stuff like this is so unnecessary, flat out wrong and just not needed right now. We know Asobo can do it properly, they have proved that with SU4.

Just done my return flight from Palma to Manchester and all seems to be working again with no temperature fluctuations, cheers Asobo!

The bug comes and goes, not sure they have fixed. Anyway good news.

yep. just woke up and was able to do a small flight. temps were okay this morning. let’s hope it keeps this way. I may be able to do an online flight in IVAO this weekend after all.

Doing a flight from LIEO to EGKK with the A32NX and live weather and it’s working fine

After installing the latest hotfix 1.18.14.0 intended to solve this “temperature inversion” bug, I can report it to still be present. Attempting to fly the A320 by FlyByWire from EGNX to EDDH yesterday evening, I found the a/c would sporadically wollow and reduce speed in the climb to cruise altitude in response to very sudden increases in OAT. At its most severe I noticed a sudden step change from around -20 to +25 TAT. This results in a sudden step change in air density and a consequent drop in thrust and lift. In fact the effect was so severe that I was unable to attain my cruise altitude of FL370. So I’m afraid the problem does still exist even after the hotfix.

1 Like

Hotfix hasn’t changed anything. I guess it was in the patch notes by accident? Or were they just pretending?
Please fix the weather. Temperatures changing by ~80C in one second is not normal.

1 Like

How the hell is this update so messy after they had betatested it for weeks?

2 Likes

Can confirm this is still an issues as of 30/07/2020 2000z with version 1.18.14.0

Flew EDDF-EPWA with the latest FBW A32NX DEV version at the time, no other mods in community folder other than Navigrapgh. Managed to climb to cruise level of FL390. 40mins into the flight the plane just bleed off speed gradually. Even full throttle would not do anything about it. Speed bleed off until the airplane stalled.

Retried the same route with default A320, uninstalled the FBW, again only mod is Navigrapgh data.
Plane was climbing at 600fpm at FL120 and climb rate reducing. Could not climb past FL306 while maintaining speed.

1 Like

I made a flight zurich to brussels in the fbw a320 dev and temperatures where fine

Correct! Espcially over Asia I found some issues. 40+ on 28.000ft etc.

i dont like how asbo are so quite about this, not even a peep out of them, whats so hard to say we know we ■■■■■■ up with the fix and this is wheen we are gonna fix it

1 Like

A few things to point out.

The temperature issues can be 50/50. Some get them on some flights some don’t.

It seems area and FL Dependent.

It can be fixed! Not ideal but use a Weather preset!

Lastly… even with all the beta testing in the world, it can’t always predict when things go wrong. They know what’s happening as commented further up the thread. The Developers can’t work 24/7. Even they’re entitled to a weekend off!

Give them chance. I’m sure another fix will be along soon.

Something is still not right. Sitting on the ramp at KDEN showed outside temp of +25C. ATIS said it should be +18C. During climb ISA is +15C and slowly dropping. So who knows.

Isa +15 happens often irl
Not everyday but saw it a lot.

Just flying from LSZH to LXGB in the A320NX, latest Dev version. The extreme temperature spikes I had in the last two days are definitely gone - now rather a constant ISA +7/8°C, which seems realistic. What seems to be off now is the altimeter setting. I set it to Std. at 18.000 ft as usual, but as I’m holding cruise altitude of FL380 ATC keeps telling me that my altitude is 300, 400 or 500 feet off - sometimes I’m below, sometimes I’m above. When trying to compensate with the altimeter setting, right now I’m at 1000 hPa for “my” 38000 ft to correspond to ATC’s FL380. Also fuel consumption is significantly elevated (around 1300 kg/h instead of the “normal” 1100 kg/h)
So something is still not as it should be, but I’m not sure if it’s the weather system or something else at this point.

1 Like