Wrong temperatures

Nothing was going to happen over the weekend, but I’m hopeful we’ll at least hear something today. Even better would be another hotfix today but I’m not holding my hopes up.

Flying at high altitudes is clearly impossible right now. Till then, better to fly low or not fly at all :smiley:

Or use a weather preset and fly at whichever altitude you like :wink:

EGKK - LIRF completed an hour ago, FBW A32NX, bespoke flight plan, initially on real-time weather.

TAT/SAT were both way too high as I passed FL200, impossible to get them corrected whatsoever, I had to switch to “clear skies” weather plan.

As far as I can tell, the latest hotfix did not fix anything regarding live weather. At least above the UK / West Europe / South Europe, my flights are still seeing incorrect temperature values.

I also have REX Weather Force but I can’t say I’m impressed. I do love the real weather so I’ll probably just wait until a hotfix comes( fingers crossed) :smiley: .

3 Likes

This is sooooo bad as we are talking here about BASICS. If I paid for something 60 or even more bucks for different editions, I want to be able to at least fly from A to B without issues. I did not say that, hey - buildings in my area are not right or something, we just want basic thing to work. This is so much disrespectful to players, because this is going on for a weeks now, not even days. And problem here is with every patch you gain something , but for certain you will lose something else. Take more testers Microsoft or Asobo or whoever.

2 Likes

The supposed temperature fix in the hotfix did not change anything because this is not a problem in the core sim. It started happening 6 days before SU5 was even released Based on observations several users have made, it appears that the ground-based real-time METAR winds and temperatures are getting mixed into the upper level winds and temperatures provided by the MeteoBlue weather model. If you fly over the ocean, you will not have the temperature bug. It only starts when you are within range of airports that use real-time METARS.

METARS do not come from MeteoBlue - they were first added to LiveWeather last November or December, and it appears Asobo contracted with another third-party entity to stream current METARS to the sim. If this problem had only started with SU5, I would agree that it needs to be addressed by a patch to SU5. But, the fact that that the problem started several days prior to SU5 release, and affected existing SU4 installations, points to a problem with the Live Weather data stream.

It could be that something changed in the way that the MeteoBlue model data is formatted, OR something changed in the way that the real-time METAR data is formatted, that now allows the two data sources to get improperly mixed together. It definitely appears to be a server-side problem, which means that the fix is not going to come from a patch to the core sim.

There are certainly other issues in the sim itself that will require an additional hotfix (or more than one). In particular, the known bug with the simvar for pressure altitude which is causing the aircraft to incorrectly report its altitude when flying on VATSIM or when using the default ATC.

6 Likes

its verry simple get rid of MeteoBlue as they can not give the corect weather i will add they never have been able to, am sure there is beter salutions out there, just look at active sky for p3d last time a checked active sky use nasa data… might be wrong tho

Absolutely agree with that. Unfortunately we are still beta-testers for a software that is still in beta (1 year after release).

1 Like

Im using rex weather since saturday and have non issues. Have you select clear weather in Msfs before you Click the Flight Button?

I performed a flight yesterday with REX between LEBL-EDDM and the temperatures were correct. Have you upgraded to the latest version that is compatible with 1.18.4.0?

Tryed a flight yesterday with rex u say the temperature was correct i disagree it was still +18 at fl 25000ft and climbing very slow this bug thats going on is a bug that is within only msfs2020 to fix .

Just landed from MUVR to CYYR in A320nx, Rex Weather worked but there were still temps that took a long time to change. At FL180 Rex said temp was suppose to be -6C but I was still at +8C, at FL390 suppose to be -51C, best I got to was -41C.

this temprature issues comes and goes. so it’s not fixed yet and I don’t really think it’s code issue. it’s something to do with live weather server and how asobo sources its data. This problem has existed since before SU5.

The Hotfix should have fixed this. But it didn’t. Still temperature spikes and the winds are off too at some altitudes. It changed very suddenly from a 2kts tailwind to a 25kts headwind at FL120… My poor Bonanza…

While yesterday it seemed the temperature spikes were fixed, I can now also confirm they are not. Just flying from LXGB to EHAM, and during climb over southern Spain, suddenly I get ISA +60°C at FL240 - no wonder the A320NX won’t climb any more.
I have now turned off live weather and manually set a weather situation with ISA + 8°C. As it turns out, ATC still seems to be seeing my aircraft at a different altitude than I perceive. I set the altimeter to STD and leveled off at FL 290 as instructed. Half a minute later, ATC asks me to expedite my climb to FL 290 and keeps going on about it until I’m at around FL 297. This shouldn’t happen at this altitude with altimeter on STD, and it never happened to me before 1.18.14.0. I am now wondering whether this issue is tied to the live weather issues (like the temperature spikes), or whether it’s a different problem altogether.

no there is nothing that can be done with the temps untill they drop this well over due hotfix that they are still not telling or comenting on Silance is golden they say, i say not in this case

Uploading: Capture d’écran 2021-08-02 054256.png…

Turns out the altitude issue seems to be related to the deviation from ISA temperature, which produces an incorrect altitude readout affecting ATC (and also VATSIM and the like):

I just returned to manual weather, ISA +0°C, and now it’s OK.
Now let’s just hope this bug has enough visibility to be addressed with high priority. It basically renders live weather unusable.

lul it has not been corrected LFPO / LFMN flight 32,000 feet + 40c