Wrong temperatures

Why your cabin over press warning don`t lit up :rofl:

100% luck, UK to Innsbruk got me 14 instant temperature flips.

yeah it’s random, sometimes it works sometimes the temps are all crazy.

Until a perma fix we have to deal with is.
For me i would consider this highest of prios.

This is also affecting altitude, as although the game says i.e. FL380, exernal apps like VATSIM/IVAO or Volanta will display altitude something like a thousand feet wrong, if we select the Presets, its all good, so clearly a problem with live weather on that front too.

That’s amazing! Going for a new record? :smiley:

Flying at 12000 ft and ISA deviation (38 C) is more than even the ground temperature

Yeah, it often get’s hotter during initial climb (until ~10k).

This is what the GFS wind and temperature forecast shows for Miami from 3000 to 30000 feet this morning. Going instantly from 12C to 23C at 7000 feet doesn’t sound right. Whenever checking temperatures in an aircraft that shows both SAT and TAT (like the A320), SAT is the temperature that should be compared to a r/w forecast like this. TAT will always be warmer than SAT as it shows the temperature rise caused by the airplane’s motion through the air. The faster the airplane is flying, the bigger will be the difference between TAT and SAT.

Is this normal, especially in overcast conditions? I live near this place, it’s 25 C here right now.

Where is the next Hotfix? I am meanwhile realy becoming angry. Such a bad communication to your community about whats going on after such a mess and downgrade SU. This is really a hit in our faces Asobo and Microsoft…

I filed a zendesk report. Not sure where is this issue standing on developers backlog. :smiley:

Was this environment report from an aircraft on the ground, or in flight?

It would depend on which airport you are at. When real-time METAR injection is operating, the values for wind direction and speed, temperature and pressure will match the most current METAR report most of the time. When METAR injection is not operating, there can be significant differences in the temp/wind/pressure values when compared to the most recent METAR, because in that case, the surface data will be coming from the MeteoBlue model prediction of what the values “should” be.

I am certain that Asobo is well aware of “what” the problem is - that surface METAR data is overriding the MeteoBlue data even when the aircraft is flying at high altitude - but they are probably still troubleshooting the “why” part of the problem.

For most of the day this past Sunday into early Monday they apparently turned off the real time METAR feed portion of Live Weather, and during that time, nobody was getting the high temperature bug. Later, the real time METARS returned, and so did the temperature bug. I assume this is part of their troubleshooting process.

1 Like

Nein,I just run into truoble at the VATSIM live active in Sunday.This temperature problem is continuous.And July 30 update never fix anything.

Those were readings from little navmap at current altitude (12k ft). Anyway, the sim just decided to freeze up on me on final after a 2 hour flight.

Does not seem to be broken here.

Hi,

I flew 4 flights around Japan yesterday and everything was fine but today, as you can see from the screenshot above, at 27000 ft above Japan SAT of +30 degrees celcius, thats +69 degrees above standard atmosphere. That’s not right surely ?

I don’t know what’s going on here. Its more to do with the Live weather generated rather than the SU5 update I believe.

Yes, live weather is broken, and the simulator is not working… Too many bugs…
We want a simulator that will give us the dream come true of real clouds, real weather patterns and serious physics…

1 Like

It’s impossible to fly with live weather. In addition to wrong temperatures, I got poor aircraft performance. More fuel consumption, less turbine performance.

I report the same issue using Rex Weather Force

Fixing this issue needs to be prioritized by Asobo / MS.

Update 5 would need much longer to be released without any major issues. But unfortunately, the greed to launch a product for the console has overtaken that.

1 Like

What app is that?