WT G1000 NXi How to get it to liven up and lock to a LOC?

forget it… the sim crashes when I try to load the C172 now… or maybe in this area… I know why I haven’t used this sim since SU7… My way to go is DCS… Sorry but I can’t help.

Hello,

no problems with EGVN rwy25 ILS app. Freq set as NAV1 to Active and all is working ok. Make screenshot pls where we can see your PFD what you have set there.

What can I say only, I have Navigraph NAV data so maybe as other users reported, some corrupted data can be presented with default sim NAV DB but this need confirm some one else with also default NAV DB that is maybe problem with data of this airport.

I notice that the WT G1000 NXI requires that the ILS identifier be present before the APR button will show pending LOC and GS in white in the PFD annunciator. This happens to me when I am too far off-axis or distant from the LOC runway. As soon as I see the ILS identifier in the PFD the pending LOC and GS appear in white when I click APR and later the ILS performs as I expected as I continue the approach.

One example is KAPC to KSTS ILS 32 approach via the SGD transition. Because SGD is 32 miles distant and at least 10 miles off-axis, while I activate the approach as soon as I am a mile or so from KAPC on a runway 24 departure, the ILS identifier does not appear until I am a few miles past the turn at SGD on my way to the LUSEE waypoint turn to final bearing in the approach.

So while I will save time by lowering the target altitude to the lowest altitude in the approach plan and by clicking VNV to get VPATH in the annunciator, I do not click APR until I see the ILS identifier in the PFD.

EGLJ doesn’t seem to have any ILS. I haven’t installed Navigraph charts yet since I built my new PC but I’m currently doing circles above this airfield and there doesn’t seem to be anything like that available.

You don’t need Navigraph definitelly,

all what you need have on second right MFD where you can list airport and it’s data, also with runways and freq. Navigraph is really helpful to serious simmers where also access to charts is included if you want. Yes, I was step directly to EGVN as seen no ILS freq at EGLJ.

Jup I haven’t looked at the G1000 and its development for a while now, it seems they have progressed significantly. I’m playing around with it ATM, pretty nice what WT have done here. The only problem is that the MSFS database is incomplete at some airports while Navigraph usually isn’t. So when a stock MSFS airport doesn’t have a certain feature it doesn’t mean that there isn’t an ILS etc in reality, that’s why I mentioned navigraph.

Let me not agree,

bug can step to anything. Only real data from local countries (AIPs, look at our Slovak or Czech sites as best examples) is probably best, also Navigraph do this job very good in my opinion, no doubts also NAVBlue but what is between MS?Asobo and NAVBlue and how data are transferred to sim, we can only guess.

What a brilliant job that WT products, are for free and are my now default equipments!

EGLJ has no ILS so that’s an easy one.
EGVN Brize Norton rwy 25 with a freq of 108.55 works as expected. Id next to active frequency will be IBZB.

As someone else replied, a screen shot showing your PFD might help.

Thanks to everyone for all this feedback.

I will have a good read and do more tests later today.

BTW I have Navigraph data too - and it’s up to date.

More later… Gotta do other stuff for a few hours now.

Cheers all.

1 Like

Topic moved into #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft .

All addons that are not labeled Asobo, goes in #third-party-addon-discussion

1 Like

This doesn’t help you @SIedDriver but I had this exact thing the other day at EGGD (first time using the G1000 in a long time)

I found that I had to activate an approach procedure and then it would allow me activate the APR button.

It seems to me like a bug… maybe one for the working title Discord

I believe it does with Navigraph data in sim. But no matter. There are lots of other ones which didn’t work either, in cluding RAF Mildenhall, which has ILS in basic sim and Navigraph.

Why has this been moved to 3rd party?

The plane is Asobo.
The G1000 NXI is WorkingTitle which is basically now Asobo too.

When I tested I had nothing loaded other than a direct to and then I switched the cdi over to nav and flew the ILS so no approach loaded at all. You can just dial up the ILS frequency without any procedure loaded and it still works like an old style radio and HSI.

1 Like

It may actually be better asked here:

1 Like

Yeah that is what I was expecting, and tested, and nothing.

OK. I try to post in the correct place, but there are so many sub forums it’s hard to know where to go sometimes.

1 Like

You might want to check that. From what I can tell there is no ILS at that field. Certainly not in the stock sim data which I think was just updated with the last update and not IRL either from the information I located.

Just updated my Navigraph data to the lates Airac version in the sim, restarted the sim, and it’s all working as expected.

BTW, EGLJ was a misquote by me and certainly doesn;t have an ILS. Should have said EGUB which deos, at least with Navigraph data.

Thanks to everyone who helped me think this through and get it working.

Suffice to say it all works as expected without even looking at the manual. So something was wrong with my Navigraph data it seems. All good now.

4 Likes

I indicated why it was moved.