WTH is up with nosediving after disengaing autopilot!?

OK, I am really ticked off right now. I’ve had this glitch several times with several different aircraft and after an hour flight to disengage autopilot only to send me into an unrecoverable nose dive and ruin the whole hour (or longer) flight is really getting me angry. What is going on here??? If this something I am missing? I can’t see why it’s doing this. I’ve tried quickly resetting trim which only made it worse. I’ve seen other people say autopilot is completely broken. Are you having the same issue? Sometimes it works and doesn’t do it and other times as soon as you disable autopilot it sends you diving down.

2 Likes

Negative. Do you have a video?

I can surely confirm this as well. 787 and the a320 regular and the a320nx . This needs to be fixed this is unacceptable to release this game and not have the simplest features not working properly as they should. Submit a report to zendesk.

2 Likes

@Rev20105189
Do you experience this problem during the approach?

On the A320 this problem only surfaces if you are flying too slow during the approach.

This specific instance was indeed on approach. However, I disabled approach mode, etc before lastly turning off autopilot. The instant I turned off AP the plane went into a steep nose dive stall and no matter how much I pulled up I couldn’t get it under control. Thought maybe the trim was somehow set to an extreme but centering it made it worse and I eventually overstressed the craft. I’ve had this happen in the King Air as well. This time it was the Garmin 1000 Cessna 172. Gonna do some testing now. But on another time I flew from Madeira to Gran Canaria with the King Air and it acted normally when I disengaged autopilot for the landing.

Correct but also should not have to go too fast either and there is zero ground effect on these airliners . Not a good way to put out a product . This is beta at the most right now.

2 Likes

Flight model is set to modern?

Please look here and upvote:

G1000 - Autopilot Bug trims to 100%

This bug is old and known, but not yet resolved.

2 Likes

Yep. All set to full realism.

Just up voted the post. So good to know it’s not just me or something I am doing! I just tested again, same route but started in air a number of miles from landing. This time everything went totally fine disengaging autopilot and I had a buttery smooth landing. That’s why it’s so angering, just like the landing challenge bug where you have the landing gear deployed but on touchdown you get a crash message saying “You failed to properly deploy your landing gear”. It’s soooo frustrating because it’s a lot of wasted time.

1 Like

Does any one of you guys have a trim wheel, Logitec multy panel or perhaps their Cessna trim wheel.

Once in AP that trim wheel stays put but the in plane trim changes and when APis disconnected the plane reacts violently.

Curious to see how/if Honeycomb have solved this on their Bravo throttle.

PS I have the Honeycomb yoke and uses the two left buttons for trim, and have had absolutely no issues like above.

1 Like

I don’t yet, have both the yoke and throttle quadrant on order. Been roughing it with an Xbox controller. Not easy at all! Lol. Have to hold the stick in position or it springs back to center. Can’t wait to see the improvement using a yoke, quadrant, and rudder pedals!