(WU11) World update 11 is coming out today or is it delayed?

I see in the dev log that the word update should be released today. Is this the case because I haven’t heard too much about it?

2 Likes

According to the road map it’s out on 29th. Not today. Not even sure if 29th will produce it.

It’s on the 29th not 27th

Hello, I don’t know if it will have something to do with it, but my Nvidia has just been updated, to version 517.48, I suppose that is what was expected for update 11, because now they have a free path for WU11

1 Like

Huh, I swear the roadmap said 27th just a couple days ago. WUs are usually on Tuesdays AFAIK as well. Guess they silently delayed it.

1 Like

They didn’t update all their public docs. Some still say the 27th. Others were updated to say the 29th. Since the updated ones are newer, it’s safe to assume that the update will be on Thursday and not today.

Again, this goes back to many discussions had over the past few years about Microsoft’s communication when it comes to MSFS. It’s always been shaky and inconsistent. And it tends to cause a lot of confusion for the folks that aren’t deeply buried in this community and following everything very closely. Even for those folks it can sometimes be confusing.

5 Likes

Ok, I’m glad to know I didn’t hallucinate that. Oh well, the amazing Tiger Moth is out so that gives me two more days to focus on it before the Local Legend!

1 Like

Any rumours what will be the Local Legend 7?

My own rumor is that it’ll be a Candian plane for sure given the coincidence with the Canada world update, but that leaves a lot of room for speculation. DHC seems a reasonable guess, but not sure which one. Likely not the Chipmunk (AH), Beaver (Anniversary), Twin Otter (Aerosoft) but that leaves some good options like the Otter and Caribou if they do a DHC aircraft at all. Dash 7 would also be amazing. But it might end up being something much older and/or more obscure.

1 Like

I think it may be unrelated to Canada. They said they were going to use the Beaver as the Canadian LL but then decided to make it part of the 40th Anniversary release. So, it’ll be something else they have in the pipeline. I’d like to see the An-2 finally get released myself… but didn’t really know what to expect!

2 Likes

I keep dreaming of a Dash 8, but that’s not going to happen off course.

3 Likes

Im grateful there’s communication to begin with.

Yes, there’s always room for improvement, but I just wanted to point out that Asobo/MS has been doing a great job thus far keeping us all up-to-date on whats happening, and listening to community feedback, and being very transparent about upcoming features and bug fixes.

This level of communication was previously unheard of in the flight sim community.

10 Likes

Everywhere i look says 27th, glad i seen this thread, i’ll stop launching the Sim waiting for an update.

1 Like

When in doubt, go to the primary source: MSFS itself - the roadmap - September 22nd, 2022 Development Update - Microsoft Flight Simulator

4 Likes

What time do the updates drop on the West coast?

That’s the source that’s creating the doubt and confusion in the first place.

The “Web Friendly” version of the road map states Sept 27:

Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 2.18.33 PM

The graphical version of the road map states Sept 29:

Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 2.18.08 PM

Both were published the same day last week and have a different date.

6 Likes

Web friendly for me shows 9/29

1 Like

One of the unwritten rules of game development: if you have two contradictory release dates the later one always is the correct one (until further notice). :wink:

12 Likes

We will see when it will be released… level of communication from MS/Asobo has dropped to the lowest level possible since last dev Q&A

1 Like

I’m not confused. I follow the sim news and developments closely enough that I know what’s going on. Others who don’t, however, can easily get lost when seeing contradictory info like this.

I literally took that screen shot before making that last post 40 mins ago. It was as you see it in my image.

It seems they realized their mistake and udpated it because mine is also showing up correctly now.

Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 3.02.24 PM

2 Likes