WU6 and CFG

I would like to report a strange thing related to my CFG File. I own the store version. The update went fine and graphics looked very good in 4K. But when I checked the CFG it still had parameters set used in the SU5. So I moved it to a safe place and started the sim to rebuild it. I set my graphics settings as usual and checked the CGF, parameters where different, I guess as supposed to be after WU6.
The read-only option was not clicked on the file properties.
I wonder if some of us who are still not happy with the way the sim looks after WU6, should do the same thing.
(BTW, My Sim told me to update 130gb after I started it to rebuild the CFG. I realized that I had to correct the install path at the bottom of the CFG file)
Appreciate your comments.

1 Like

After an update or hotfix always, ALWAYS! readjust and save graphics settings! … I honestly thought everybody knew that much.

1 Like

I don’t think you understood what I was trying to say. I shouldn’t be that you have to delete the file and let the sim rebuild it in order to get the new update settings.

If your system and internet are up to scratch and all your installs and uninstalls are by the book you shouldn’t have to it’s as simple as that.

Sorry, but you still don’t get it. After the update and readjusting the graphics setting with clouds back to ultra, the cloud settings in the cig remained on 2. But with the new update they should be on 3. Only after rebuilding it, the parameter changed to 3.
Just leave it. Maybe somebody else will respond to it.

What cfg file are you talking about?

if you remove read only attribute, you don’t have do so complex manipulation, i couldn’t change pre-cache settings because of it, everything else stay at ultra standard settings after stop read only and set ultra in the options

Where is the CFG file you are referring to?

And if I can locate it, are these the correct steps?
METHOD A -

1. Updated to WU6
  2. Delete (or move) CFG (citation needed)
  3. Restart the MSFS
  4. Check CFG if xxxx = 3 or 4? (details needed)

METHOD B -

1. Updated to WU6
  2. Start MSFS > go to General options
  3. Graphics > readjust
  4. Apply and Save
1 Like

I’ve not needed to write protect that CFG file, and it seems to leave custom settings along, and allows you to change other settings so the entire file doesn’t get clobbered.

For example, I use LOD 5 for terrain, and objects. I adjusted the new caching slider from Medium to Ultra, then checked the CFG file. The caching setting had been updated, but my LOD settings remained on 5, even though the GUI still reads 200. It seems to only update the individual settings you adjust meaning write protection is not needed. Just avoid touching any item you have customised.

1 Like

Its the cfg file in packages/local cache. I thought method B is the one but I had to switch to method A in order to update the cfg file after Wu6 which I think was rather strange.

Im pretty sure you refer to this setting

Yes, that’s the one.

What it says means, if in game enabled=1 it means on, if there be enabled=0 means it is off
With Quality it means 0= low, 1= medium, 2= high, 3 = Ultra. These you find back in ui settingsscreen
for volumetric cloud setting

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.